Today’s craft idea is for an easy bunny banner. I am showing you How to Make A Bunny Banner With A Cricut -A few weeks into spring and with Easter around the corner I have been working on a few spring papercraft and Easter Crafts. Although my family won’t all be together this year it’s still fun to put up a few decorations. I wish we could be together but, since we can’t I’m sending some fun crafted items to them.
First of all, I have to say I love my Cricut! Love, love, love it! When I make and share crafts with you I get excited to show you what you can do with one. Of course, if you don’t have one yet you can hand-cut designs. Or make crafts like this for Easter, like these DIY bunny bags filled with these, treat boxes in them. These are a few easy ideas and papercrafts you can make too.
- Disclosure: I have affiliate links in the post which means I earn a small commission for qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you.
I am excited to share my favorite new cuts and the newest Cricut machines they have for sale. There are affiliate links in this post, some of which I have personally purchased and used. These are my own 100% honest opinions and experiences with my Cricut crafting. I only share products I love! And although this post was created before I had a really good camera the tutorial is still perfect for making a banner with your Cricut.
DIY Bunny Banner
I don’t have the new Cricut Maker yet. I used to own a Cricut Expressions cutting machine and I gifted my daughter and then we both upgraded. I upgraded to the Cricut Explore Air 2! I highly recommend getting the latest machines if you don’t have one. They keep improving them and it makes cutting time go down and accuracy go up! The two most current machines are the Cricut Maker and Cricut Joy. The Cricut Joy would be perfect for anyone who loves projects like this but, doesn’t have a ton of space. And anyone who loves making cards…
I love using the free Cricut Design Space (the software and apps) you can access it online to create your own SVG files or use their designs to cut with your machine or print a template and cut it by hand.
You can also cut so many different things other than paper with the Maker you can cut fabric, felt, burlap… I know I’ll be hopping on that purchase! Or maybe the Easter bunny can bring me one?! Anyhow, now that I have you up to date on my latest must-have I can get onto showing you my spring banner by cutting cute bunny shapes on cardstock and stringing them with twine.
How To Make A Bunny Banner With A Cricut
I had purchased a pretty paper pack from Michaels Craft Store but, here’s where you can find (spring cardstock paper) Use quality cardstock paper, for scrapbooks and crafts. I thought this chevron pattern seemed spring-like and decided to make my banner with it.
- Make sure your machine and computer are connected.
- I laid out my design on my computer in the Cricut Craft Room Design Studio
- Then I inserted my pretty paper on my Cricut MAT that holds it securely while it cuts.
- After it comes out you carefully peel off excess paper off the mat, then pull off your cut paper bunny design and your bow design by using the weeding tools for Cricut.
- You use this paper hook for sections like the ears so the paper doesn’t tear.
- After mark where you want your holes on both your designs; mark your bunny lightly with a pencil and bow cuts for threading the twine.
- Punch holes where you made the marks.
- Then cut twine then thread it through your banner pieces.
- It is ready to hang on the mantle, bookcase or wall.
The best part if you love the design you made name it and save it in the studio for use again! Teresa Collins Easter Spring Cricut Cuts. This set of images includes two bunnies, two bows, a chick, a border, a cupcake wrapper, and a 3D carrot.
Resources digital handbook These images are digital-only SVG files. You use them through the Cricut Craft Room for designing which is free software. Teresa Collins Exclusive Bunnies and Chicks
Or if you are looking for something else you can Save 33% on all Cricut Supplies and Accessories. I can’t wait to come back and show you the other spring crafts I’ve been working on!
Visit here to find out more about Cricut and all they offer for crafters. Happy Crafting.
Do you have a cutting machine? What types of spring paper crafts do you enjoy?
- New here? Be sure to subscribe – Stay up to date with our posts, latest tutorials, recipes and more!
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Spring Craft Ideas
- Easter Craft Ideas
Looking for bunny crafts or SVG designs and Cricut Designs?
- DIY Bunny Butt Banner
- Cricut Bunny Banner Video Tutorial
- Felt Easter Bunny Banner and Bunny Pillow
- How to Create A Banner in Cricut
- How To Make Iron-on Onesies and T-Shirts Like A Pro
- Bunny Silhouette Craft With Bunny Template