Are you looking for a Coraline Costume? This year I didn’t sew a Halloween costume for Sammie, we just hadn’t planned any Halloween ideas. We put together this DIY Coraline Halloween Costume. We actually made two last-minute costumes and thought we’d share these easy no-sew Coraline costume ideas.
Usually, we have it planned out months in advance but, this year, nope. Stay tuned for her other costume, and all our posts by subscribing. I love that she always picks out such unique costumes, most are easy, and they are always fun costume ideas to make.
Coraline Halloween Costume
DIY Coraline Costume
Most of the pieces you can get for this costume are on Amazon Prime. Which means you can get free 2-day shipping, making it the perfect for putting together your last-minute costumes.
- If you don’t have Prime, you can try it for free for 30 days.
How to make a Coraline Costume
You’ll need these pieces for creating the Coraline Halloween Costume
We think this is the best, and easiest Coraline costume; bonus it is super cute! I’m sure you can find many of the items at the thrift shop or your closets. The makeup recommendations are below.
The red/white top comes with options for a red or white collar. Either will work. Optionally you can use a blue top with stars, which Coraline also wears.
The key pieces are the yellow raincoat, blue wig, and a chauffeur hat. Paired together with the blue jeans, a striped top and yellow rainboots.
Coraline Costume Ideas
I updated her photo from this blah cell pic soon but, she’s too busy with tests for a full photoshoot. I caught her fooling around, sharing her costume with friends after getting her blue wig in the mail. It came super quick, and is the perfect blue! I’ll update these photos later.
I know she’s going to be mad at me for sharing this. Oh, well. That isn’t the shirt she’s wearing under the jacket. She has a striped tee, but if it’s cold out she might opt for the striped sweater.
I’m sharing a few more photos on my Instagram like this one. Hop over to follow me. I share more behind the scene and nature stuff.
We picked items that she can wear again or had, paired with what we bought. The items that we picked out, and received are affordable and are great quality. We hope that it helps you if you are looking for last-minute Halloween costume ideas. And the Coraline costume can be put together for Cosplay too.
For Coraline Cosplay use the makeup tutorials later in the post, this will help give you the perfect Coraline look.
If you live somewhere sunny you might prefer wearing yellow socks, with these yellow sandals. This is what she is doing. They are items you can use more often after Halloween. Plus, she had to dance in her costume, and thought rubber boots wouldn’t work for dancing. Complete the Coraline outfit with a Coraline necklace and butterfly hairclip.
Another easy Coraline Costume idea is this Coraline Costume Witch set (cape with Coraline on it, and witch hat).
We spotted this cute Coraline makeup idea (below), and others which is how we got the idea for her Coraline makeup.
How to Apply Coraline Makeup
- Use and apply your foundation or a lighter foundation to your skin
- Add, a Pressed powder for your base makeup (white pressed powder for all skin tones)
- Next, add blush (coral sheen stick) or (coral powder blush)
- Apply coral eye shadow and highlight just under your brows with white or a lighter color and blend (Eye Shadow Palette)
- Then use an eye pencil to add in the freckles
- Set your makeup with a makeup finishing spray
- Finish with a Light coral-pink lipstick for your lips (or coral lipstick)
- For a more dramatic look apply mascara and eyeliner
We also sourced a few great makeup tutorials if you need help applying makeup to complete your Coraline costume.
Coraline Makeup Tutorials
Coraline Halloween Makeup Video Tutorials
- video Coraline Makeup Tutorial that takes you through how to apply your make up for the Coraline Costume. It’s a caricature of the Coraline character vs. how we applied the makeup
- This is video Coraline Makeup Tutorial is a bit scarier and shows how to do the makeup with a button eye.
- This Coraline Makeup Tutorial and also has a Coraline Hair Clip DIY. (But, we think it’s cheaper and easier just to buy a butterfly hair clip)
Looking for more costume ideas?
DIY Halloween Costume Ideas
DIY Wirt Costume
Harry Potter Costume Ideas
DIY Burglar Costume
What’s your favorite Halloween costume?
Shop all our favorites, and costumes on Amazon