Last year I started on my trek to being more organized. I have to be honest here, it hasn’t been easy. The Mr. loves to go to yard sales, my daughter has been handed down some great books/ games/toys…and then there is me with my craft/sewing stuff…! What’s the solution? Well, at first it was just drooling over super organized people’s Pinterest boards. Then the coffee kicked in with the reality check! It has to happen, home organization has to come to my home! I’m sharing some insights and tips with you as I go along with my easy DIY improvement projects.
Today I thought I’d share some simple tips that are helping me on my journey to organization. Specifically focusing on the kitchen pantry today but, you can see past organization posts via related posts at the end of this post. Hopefully these tips will help you!
If you have any great tips be sure to link up your Organization Posts at the bottom of this post , comment with tips here on the blog and send me your favorite pins! (@TheresaHuse) on Pinterest. Yes, I’m not to proud to ask for help. If I had my way I’d hire a pro to help get my house in order but, honestly you can do it yourself. If I can do it so can you! This is the first in a series for this year of posts dedicated to easy home organization tips and ideas.
Tips for Being More Organized
The benefits of an organized house
- The benefit of an organized house is being able to find what you need when you need it
- Having clear counter spaces to prep, cook….
- Eliminating clutter and unused items clears up space
- Clean up time is quicker
Honestly the list could go on! I’ve read books on Feng Shui and always have thought if my home and life could be simplified, I know that it could make a difference in my life. There are basic concepts to Feng Shui that you can apply without having to get deep into it’s philosophies.
- Have a clear path in your entry areas
- Clutter must be cleared on a regular basis
- Avoid having neglected areas in your home (like my pantry, closet and kid’s room!)
Have you read Marie’s Kondo’s Book? Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
Simple Tips for pantry organization
- Take out any can or boxed foods that you know you won’t use (we like to donate these items)
- Toss any expired canned or boxed foods, spices…
- Get baskets, containers, lazy Susan s, to organize smaller items together in groups (spices, baking supplies, soup mixes, bullion cubes, gravy mixes…)
- Wipe down the pantry area before putting it all back
My top three picks for helping our pantry be more efficient are
This past weekend we tackled our pantry but, realized we needed to purchase a few items to really have it more organized. Our pantry is narrow and deep. If your looking to update yours these might be perfect for you too. There are several sizes of these options available (online only) at Target. *with free shipping when you spend $50 (varies with purchase). When we complete re-do our pantry I’ll be sure and share. I’ll be lining our shelves with a contemporary, washable non adhesive liner.
Clip those bags and organize them together!
I love adding all the snacks in a plastic pull out container or basket. This makes it easy for everyone to grab what they want, keep it neat and put it back to one set place. I usually have a container of granola bars and other healthy snacks for rushed mornings. Don’t underestimate the power of a good set of chip clips! My two favorites are Twixit and OXO Good Grips 8-Piece Clip Set
Storage solution for cupcake liners
I bake quite a bit and I have quite a few cupcake liners. I love pretty vintage styled jars. I grabbed one and added our extra cupcake liners to them. They stay neat, clean and ready to use! Perfect for anytime cupcake making.
- 1 gal. Glass Storage Barrel Jar with lid (like mine, I didn’t use the handle)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Storage Jar 1/2 gal. and 1 gal.
- Colorful season standard multi pack of cupcake liners
- Reusable cupcake liners
As you see a few good products can make things easier! Plus in some cases prettier! This weekend we are tackling our bedroom closet. I’m hoping to have a more organized home by the end of the month or at least a jump on it! Be sure to follow along so you don’t miss out with more easy tips and ideas for organizing your home.
Are you organizing or reorganizing right now?
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe!
- Do you have any home organization ideas, tips, tricks? Share your posts by submitting them here.
- If you link up below your post will be added to my Organization Board on Pinterest!
- Related cleaning and organization posts
Sprucing up things? You may enjoy this offer: Ring in the New Year with Target’s biggest Home White Sale of 2015 + spend $50, get a $10 coupon; or spend $100, get a $25 coupon But, hurry this is a limited time offer! Don’t worry if you miss out your can still visit Target see what new sales are going on!
Related home organization tips and tricks:
- Be Your Own Super Hero Home Organizing Tips Series + *pantry
- Must Have Easy DIY Closet Organizing Tips Tools And Tricks
- Craft Room Organization Storage Ideas Tips And Tools
- Craft Room Storage DIY
- 25 Craft Room Organization Ideas
- Pantry Storage + Pantry Storage Tips
- How to Clean and Organization Your Pantry Budget Friendly (before/after)