Do you want to create your own photography gifts? You’ll love these photo gift ideas, and tips for creating them. Making your own printed canvas or other photography home décor ideas, and gifts can be easier than you think.
We used Canvas on Demand to create ours, they have all kinds of gifts you can DIY with your lifestyle, nature or family photography. Plus, we have a reader discount for you later in the post. It’s a 60% Discount for you to try it yourself.
DIY home décor ideas
I did receive a free canvas to try the process, and will share the process, plus tips with you. It’s so easy. They really don’t make it complicated, and they have an option for having their techs check your image if you need it. I decided the first canvas I’d try to make with Canvas on Demand would be with one of my nature flower photography shots. I decided to make it a 16 x 20 size photo canvas.
How to make sure your photo, photography is ready to print on a canvas
- Decide on the size canvas your printing on they have many sizes, and styles to pick from
- Make sure your image is the correct size for the canvas or print your creating. (Example, I needed to insure the size of my image could be blown up to that size of the canvas, and not pixelate (which means keeping it’s clarity, and sharpness). I searched online, the minimum size image is 2980×2384 pixels for a poster size 16 x 20.
- Make sure your image is sharp, and clarity is good. I like using Adobe Lightroom (you can get an Adobe Lightroom free trial if you don’t have it)
- Make sure your color is correct for printing. Using color mode RGB, you can check this in photo shop. (Adobe Photoshop free trial)
- Or use their Canvas on Demand’s techs to check your photo quality, or use a file from your professional photographer (i.e. professional wedding, lifestyle, or portrait photographer) *easy, p-easy.
Using my larger file size I uploaded the image to their order canvas section, and followed the prompts. I arranged it by dragging it to position I liked, and then picked the frame edge. After that you can preview, go back if needed to adjust styling or side frame choices.
Here is what my nature photography canvas looks like hanging on my walls.
I had a hard time picking which of my photography lifestyle shots to print on canvas.
But, after seeing the results can’t wait to print more! They have lots of easy options. For thick wrap canvas you can get black, white or have the photo wrap on edges. I picked black for mine. I’ll be moving it over by our black piano. But, since it’s the darkest part of the room I hung it where the light was to share the results of the print on canvas.
What’s next for me? Maybe a pillow or other fun home décor item from my photography. Have you ever tried printing photos on canvas? Or grabbing a special ornament, printed pillow, or color canvas for the kids?
We love coffee so we picked out this coloring canvas that’s coffee inspired. There are so many designs to pick from for home décor that would make great gifts for the family. We loved the boho feathers too, and spotted several that would be awesome to color or paint in the canvas designs.
Or even hang them not colored if you prefer. Remember, they offer more than just canvas prints. From incredible photo-to-canvas art for parents, Coloring Canvas for kids, and customizable photo gifts, including ornaments and more. What would you pick first?
DIY Photo Gift Ideas
Canvas On Demand has awesome gifts for everyone on your list! Based in the USA right in Raleigh, NC. At #canvasondemand they have everything you need to get your shopping done early.
Canvas On Demand can help with your holiday haul.
For a limited time, they’re offering my readers a whopping big discount!
60% off your entire order at Canvas On Demand with code USFAM
Select from canvas prints and more! Valid until 12/12/17. #mycanvasondemand Just grab the code above and go here!
Happy gift shopping! What would you print on your canvas on demand?