We are sharing tips for buying a dishwasher. Are you on the hunt for a new dishwasher? The best dishwasher? I love having a clean kitchen, clean and sanitized dishes, no fuss after dinners or hosting guests. Just pop your dishes into the dishwasher to let the magic happen. Then pull out your sparkling clean dishes that are washed and sanitized. But, dishwashers are NOT all built the same! We are sharing things to consider when buying a dishwasher.
For today’s post, we are partnered with Best Buy and have been compensated. #AD We hope this post helps you select a dishwasher that will fit your needs and lifestyle.
TIPS FOR BUYING A DISHWASHER
Before the tips, I have to tell you what happened to our old dishwasher. Some off-brand dishwasher, that came with our house. It caught on fire after several years! I always run my dishwasher to clean my dishes before I go to bed. One night my daughter (Sam) noticed a funny smell. I looked around the house and everything seemed fine. The windows were open so we just headed back to bed, thinking it was coming from outside. It was a campy smell and summer so we didn’t think much of it. But, the electrical panel on our dishwasher blew up and a fire started inside the dishwasher and we didn’t even know it! (ours was NOT a non-stainless steel tub)
Luckily the fire smothered in the dishwasher! It wasn’t until the next morning when we noticed that this tripped the breakers, we started to look around to figure out what happened…We replaced our dishwasher with a new dishwasher, opting to pay a bit more for certain features our previous dishwasher didn’t have.
Luckily, no other damage was done to our home. (true story) Where am I going with this? There are things to consider when buying a dishwasher, whether you are replacing an old dishwasher, remodeling, replacing a malfunctioning dishwasher or adding a dishwasher to a new home…
Things to consider when buying a dishwasher
How to Buy A Dishwasher
Consider a top brand like Bosch, EVERY Bosch dishwasher is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets or exceeds federal guidelines, for year-round energy savings. (Another feature our old dishwasher did NOT have.)
What are important features when buying a dishwasher?
Have you ever asked yourself, “What should I look for when buying a dishwasher?”
Tips For Buying a Dishwasher
- Consider getting a dishwasher with a stainless steel tub – There are many benefits to this feature such as being so quiet.
With the Bosch dishwasher, you can check the exterior Infolight® to know they’re on. New baby, so quiet! 44-dBA noise level rating
- Pick the right size – (smaller spaces 18″) (standard 24″)
24″ width equals room for up to 16 place settings. Hello, company for dinner and perfect for families.
- Consider getting a dishwasher with flexible racks means fitting your needs.
AutoAir™Bosch 500 series has a Flexible 3rd rack for all those odd or uniquely-shaped items. Foodies sing praise! Because now, you can fit all those dishes, pots, and whatnots in there.
- Roll those racks! See how they glide. I love dishwashers that load and unload smoothly. Don’t you? My OLD DISHWASHER always popped off the tracks! (grr)
Bosch as the EasyGlide™ rack
- Features like aqua stop. Protect your floors.
Bosch has 24/7 Aquastop® this 4-part leak prevention system uses sensors to detect and stop leaks, and can even turn on by itself. (Nobody wants to mop up a leaky dishwasher, right?)
- Love to cook? Must have, rack options. One size doesn’t fit all.
Fit it all, every time. With RackMatic® you get 3 different height levels and up to 9 possible rack positions, you can customize each load for your needs. You’ll be racking and a rolling and heading out the door in no time flat.
- Look for a great selection of washing cycles and if the dishwasher has a sanitize option! Girl, or gentlemen if you have kids, care about food safety, this is a must! Nobody wants germs! 5 wash cycles including five-level wash, 5 options like Extra Dry, and a concealed heating element. Sanitize Option reduces 99.9% of bacteria with a hot-wash rinse for sparkling clean and sanitized dishes. Sanitizing is one of the most important features for me! Go beyond squeaky clean! Hear the angels sing. Do I see a halo? Oh, just the shine from clean dishes.
- Is the dishwasher Energy Star Qualified? As mentioned already, EVERY Bosch dishwasher is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets or exceeds federal guidelines, for year-round energy savings
Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher
- AutoAir™ automatically opens the door at the end of the drying cycle to let moisture escape and fresh air circulate for better drying results.*
*Compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry.
- The Bosch 500 Series dishwasher delivers a sparkling clean and dry with advanced PrecisionWash technology and AutoAir.
- With PrecisionWash, intelligent sensors continually scan and check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, and powerful spray arms target every item of every load, for the ultimate clean.
- The all-new AutoAir option automatically releases the door at the end of the cycle to let moisture escape and fresh air in for drier dishes*
*Compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry.
- Quiet operation (44 dBA)– incorporates 18 unique sound-reducing technologies such as multiple insulation layers, grind-less food filtration, and a sound-absorbing base.
- Large interior provides loading flexibility necessary to easily accommodate 16 place settings, and the Flexible 3rd rack adds space for cooking utensils and ramekins.
- Every Bosch dishwasher is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets or exceeds federal guidelines, for year-round energy savings.
- Sanitize Option reduces 99.9% of bacteria with a hot-wash rinse for sparkling clean and sanitized dishes.
- FlexSpace™ Tines on the lower rack- fold down every other tine in one simple step to make room for larger, bulkier items while optimizing the rack space.
I will never forget coming home from a trip and my hub had installed all new appliances in our fixer-upper! If you DIY or DDIY (Do it yourself or don’t do it yourself) There are options to have Best Buy techs install and take away for you. Perfect for anyone not as handy. It was like a dream come true. Now, I am just waiting on a new kitchen counter to be replaced by him and for me to dive in to paint the kitchen cabinets to complete and pretty up my kitchen space.
I seriously, love having a stainless steel dishwasher. Shine on! And good luck with your dishwasher shopping!
Follow along and find out more on social media by using these hashtags #boschdishwasher #boschcrystaldry #boschkitchen #mynewboschdishwasher
What is the best time to buy kitchen appliances?
- Labor day weekend or when you need to update or replace them!
When is the last time you replaced your dishwasher?