Are you organizing your home? Today we are sharing our favorite storage baskets and decorative storage baskets to use for organizing and storing things in your home. I love using baskets as a storage solution. Do you? Not only do they look pretty they are so useful for organizing things. I use them to store art supplies, toys, dog toys, coffee, coffee filters and tea supplies, socks in the closet, extra purses…When your done with today’s post see our other home decor ideas.
No matter how many things you get rid of you always need small storage containers for organizing.
Quick tips for organizing your home
- When cleaning use a large storage basket to pick up clutter, toys, books and misplaced things. Drop items off in the rooms they belong in. This saves time from constantly going back and forth. This is especially helpful if you have a larger home
- Is your mail scattered everywhere? Use a basket to add unopened mail to when you bring it in
- Always loosing your keys? Add a basket to the top of your entry way table and drop your keys in there right as you get in the door
Use baskets storage for organizing rooms in your home
I have a small pantry. I like using round baskets for holding my coffee filters, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. I take them out of the box and fit them into the basket. It makes it easy to store in the pantry, space saving and easy to take out when I need to use the items.
Wire baskets for shelves make it easy to organize similar small items grouped together. Snack boxes, crackers, breakfast items… For more pantry storage tips see our posts dedicated to that at the end of the post.
Storing toys in soft baskets with handles makes it easy for kids toys to be cleaned up and even make them portable. When my kids were little I used storage like this with baskets and bins for organizing and books in their rooms. For kids storage you want storage that is washable or that you can at least wipe down.
Although I don’t have small kids anymore I use a large seagrass basket for toys for when the grand kids come to visit and I also use them in various sizes for dog toys, magazines, books, and storing blankets.
In the linen closet or closets use storage baskets for shelves (like this and larger ones like this). In the linen closet organize towels, linens, sheets, beauty supplies like curling rods, flat irons….
For bathrooms store toilet paper, cleaners under the sink, beauty supplies such as face wipes, lotions….
- I like wire baskets for the office and on occasion will use wicker or woven.
You can see how I set up and organized my office space here
- Dreaming of the Perfect Home Office? Must See Ideas for Women, Girl Bosses
- Are you Ready to Makeover Your Home Office? Our Home Office Makeover Before/After
- How To Make Your Home Office More “Cozy”
- Pier 1 Imports Sonnet Seagrass Basket Set
- Pier 1 Imports Oversized Wire Basket
- Seagrass 3 Piece Basket Set
- 4 Piece Seagrass Storage Basket
- Carson Natural Wicker Shelf Storage Baskets
- Wicker Storge Basket
- Tall Water Hyacinth Wicker Basket with Handles
- Albin Rattan Basket with Hoop Handles
- White Oak Coffee Table with Storage Baskets
- Rectangular Rattan Storage Basket
- Myrasol Wood Storage Bench
- Wicker Basket
My favorite styles
- Wall Shelf With Baskets
- Seagrass Basket Set
- Natural Wicker Shelf Storage Baskets
- Brown Wicker Lidded Baskets
- Natural Wicker Heart Box With Lid
- Gold Wire Basket With Mango Wood Insert
Lastly for me I like using wire baskets for mail, paper organization, books and overall keeping my small business organized. When cleaning and organizing I typically see what I need store or organize in my home, then shop for what I need. Many of my storage solutions have come from Amazon. (See our favorite’s on Amazon) Since I have Prime I pay no shipping fees. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe and add us to your inbox.
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest for more home organization tips and ideas.
Looking for more ideas for organizing your home?
Home Organization Ideas
- Be Your Own Super Hero Home Organizing Tips Series + *pantry
- Must Have Easy DIY Closet Organizing Tips Tools And Tricks
- Craft Room Organization Storage Ideas Tips And Tools
- Craft Room Storage DIY
- 25 Craft Room Organization Ideas
- Pantry Storage + Pantry Storage Tips
- How to Clean and Organization Your Pantry Budget Friendly (before/after)
- 20+DIY Planters