Are you ready to make grilled salmon? Cooking salmon is really easy. This type of fish is healthy and good for you. We try to have fish once or twice a week, today’s fish recipe is for Grilled Salmon with Herbs. I wanted to switch things up and head over to the grill for this meal plan Monday recipe. I love that you can cook salmon on the stove, bake it in the oven or grill the fish. This recipe is really quick and delicious.
Which makes it the perfect recipe for any night of the week. Although it’s simple to make the results are delicious. Bonus, for being easy to adapt.
Although this is a grilled recipe I don’t put the fish directly on the grill I make a foil pack/dish for it. Using two pieces of foil lay it out and fold up all four sides. This helps catch any fish oils and juices as the fish cooks. Call it grilled or call it poached but, whatever you call it you are sure to enjoy it.
Grilled Salmon with Herbs
- Salmon (purchase 3-6 salmon steaks. (We used 3 if increasing steaks, increase herbs)
- Olive Oil or non-stick olive oil
- Lemon (or lemon pepper)
- Chopped up garlic I used 3-4 cloves (OR garlic powder Also, you can use less garlic if you don’t want it so garlic-y. For serving you can scrape the minced garlic to the side or serve as is and let the person eating decide if they want the garlic.)
- The other herbs are fresh sprigs of sage (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
How to cook salmon on the grill
Add just a touch of olive oil to the bottom of the foil before adding the salmon.
Add freshly squeezed lemon to the salmon.
Next, add the herbs and minced garlic.
Add fresh sage if you have it.
Cover top with foil so it cooks enclosed on the grill.
- Prepare all your veggies
- Make rice or other side dishes first as this will cook quickly.
- Typically the salmon will cook in about 15-20 minutes depending on the heat of your grill and thickness of the fish.
- Check your salmon with a fork, after using hot pads and tongs to open foil. Be careful about escaping steam. When the fish is flaky enough to fork it’s done.
I prepared egg noodles and had them ready to serve. I also sauteed garlic, sliced mushrooms and red bell peppers to top the bed of egg noodles which completed the meal. But, we often serve fish dishes in our home with rice and salad. Pick your favorite side dishes and I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. There weren’t any leftovers for us it served three.
Grilled Salmon Recipes and Related fish recipes to enjoy cooking
If you are interested in learning more about cooking and crafts check out classes from my affiliate Craftsy!
Craftsy Food and Cooking Classes