Winter weather is my excuse to heat up my oven and find muffin recipes and bake muffins. This time of year calls for gingerbread but, if you are not a fan of molasses, cloves or ginger you need to make this muffins recipe that I found and slightly adapted. Tada Ginger Muffins or really, Ginger Pear Muffins since pears are added into the batter.
I wasn’t sure if this would be a muffins recipe my family would enjoy but, the ginger pear muffins flew off the tray. If this recipe isn’t for you try any of our others from our baking recipe index. You will find recipes like these super moist pumpkin muffins, strawberry muffins with crumb topping or find something else to try. Or check out all the options in the drop-down menu.
Ginger Pear Muffins
Admittedly I am not a huge fan of molasses, cloves or nutmeg if you are you could try substituting ginger for gingerbread spice. The right blend of ginger in a muffin can be divine. Especially when combined with fruit like pears. Do you like pear recipes?
What I love about this recipe is that you probably have all the ingredients on hand in your pantry or fridge. With the exception of the sour cream and pears. But, if you are like us we always have sour cream on hand.
Ingredients you will need to make these ginger muffins
- brown sugar and granulated (white) sugar
- butter and eggs (butter for muffins and butter for crumb topping)
- sour cream, almond milk (or other milk)
- 2 large pears (peeled and chopped small)
- non-stick spray *if not using muffin – cupcake liners
- baking soda and baking powder
- ground ginger
This ginger pear muffins recipe is easy to mix up. Get out all your ingredients and set them up on your clean counter. Soften your butter by either taking it out ahead of time or in the microwave.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix your wet ingredients
- First, cream your softened butter and sugars
- Add your eggs, sour cream
- Next, add your almond milk and vanilla
- Add your peeled and chopped pears
- Mix together until blended
In a separate bowl add your dry ingredients
- Add all your measured dry ingredients and mix them slowly with a fork
- Slowly add them to your wet ingredients and stir in
- Repeat until all the dry is mixed into your wet
- Do don’t over mix!
Use a cookie scoop to add your muffin mixture into your lined or prepared baking pan. (if you don’t have muffin liners use non-stick spray and coat with flour slightly shaking out excess)
I made these muffins on a cold night. There is nothing better than heating up the house with a warm oven and your home smelling of delicious muffins baking. I know these aren’t the best photos but, thought I’d snap a few prep photos with my cell to give you an idea of how easy they are to make.
You could make these without crumb topping but I would fill up the liners with a little more batter if you decide not to top them.
Make your crumb topping
- Softened butter and Brown sugar
- Cinnamon and Flour
- A fork or pastry cutter for mixing crumb mixture in a bowl
I barely had enough topping to cover them all but, didn’t take the time to mix up more. If you like a heavy crumb topping double the amount. That’s what I’m going to do next time. After baking, I added some turbinado sugar or you can add some sugar crystals too.
Slip into the oven and let the ginger muffins bake until a toothpick comes out clean. You will need to check a few times to ensure they aren’t underbaked or overbaked. There’s always a slight variation on baking times due to altitude or oven temperatures.
Baking time 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve. Best served within a few days. Or optionally you can freeze some of the muffins for later. Just make sure they are completely cooled.
- If you don’t like pears or want a few different options you could try these lemon ginger muffins or spicy gingerbread recipe that does have molasses.
- New here? Be sure to subscribe and don’t forget to add us to your inbox.
- Pin it for later If you try the recipe upload a picture to Pinterest and let us know in the comments how you liked the recipe. Or how you adapted it. We’d love to see yours.
- Follow us on Pinterest
- baking recipes Pinterest
- muffin recipes Pinterest