Are you interested in learning hand embroidery? Today we are sharing a new craft book that is a must have for anyone interested in hand sewing. I was lucky enough to have a grandma who lived close to me. She sewed by hand, embroidered, and sewed on the sewing machine. Passing on those skills to me.
Not everyone learns to sew when they are a child. But, it is a craft and skill that you can pick up anytime you are ready to learn. If you are like me maybe you haven’t embroidered in a while and just need a refresher or to add new stitches to your skills.
I have made felt craft projects using embroidery skills but, haven’t learned all the stitches or embroidery skills. That’s where this new sewing book Hand Sewing Magic would be a nice addition to your craft book or sewing library.
It’s the latest craft book we received for free to review. I’m excited to share this book with you, especially if you are new to embroidery. This will help you learn embroidery skills. Let me share more about this book so you can see if it is the right book for your book stash.
Do you enjoy embroidery?
Hand Sewing Magic
Hand Sewing Magic is book that you can use as a resource for stitches, with how to hand sewing projects. The book covers many basics for sewing, mending, tailoring to embroidery designs. What is covered in this book?
- 10 Creative Easy Projects
- Mastering Embroidery Techniques
- Pro Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting
If you are a beginner to hand sewing the book covers essential embroidery tools and materials for all the key sewing – craft supplies you need for starting to sew by hand.
- 141 pages
- 5 chapters
- templates and stitch guides
Hand Sewing Magic Chapters (Book Over view)
- Chapter 1 – Hand Stitcher’s Tool Kit
- Chapter 2- Utilitarian Stitches
- Chapter 3- Outline and Filler Stitches
- Chapter 4- Decorative Stitches
- Chapter 5- Dimensional Stitches
Craft and sewing projects in the book
- corner bookmark
- sketchbook cover
- smartphone holder – pouch
- stuffed toy bunny
- embroidery tote
- neck scarf
- recycled pin cushion
- embellished coat (sleeves)
- embroidered square bowl (I have seen these used for placing coins or using for hot soup bowls)
- felt broach (with abstract knots)
This stuffed toy bunny caught my eye. You could use any color fabric and make it a special baby shower gift for a new moms’ baby nursery. It’s just one of the ten projects included in this embroidery – sewing book. I might try a version of this pattern and update you later to how it turned out. So stay tuned.
Our Thoughts about Hand Sewing Magic
I think the book offers embroidery skills for all skill levels. The craft patterns are just a jumping point if you are skilled but, cover complete how to for novices. Once you have embroidery skills you can make your own patterns or take it to the next level by using the embroidery skills learned from the book. Or use the patterns offered adding your favorite stitches to the pattern.
Whether you are a beginning sewer or brushing up on your hand sewing skills this book is packed with step by step images. Each embroidery stitch comes complete with written step by step. You will see how to create embroidery stitches on your own.
If you are looking for embroidery books for kids I recommend you looking at these three books:
- Hand Sewing Magic is geared towards adults but, would be good for teen sewers too.
Want a closer look? You can preview or purchase the book on Amazon or look for it in your favorite book stores.
- New here? Be sure to subscribe Don’t forget to add us to your inbox.
- Pin it for Later
Want to take an online class for embroidery in addition to having a craft book?
- NOT a beginner’s class; online class Modern Hand Embroidery
- Make 2019 your most creative year! Find more crafting and sewing classes online.
And FIND MORE ONLINE CRAFTING CLASSES HERE
Looking for more sewing or crafts?