Do you like making pasta for dinner? I have an easy pasta recipe with ground beef. I love adding recipes for pasta that the whole family will love. Especially, when it is easy to make and done in about 30 minutes!
I typically have one night a week where I serve pasta for dinner. Do you? We love adding dishes like this to our meal plans. I hope you enjoy the recipe for pasta with ground beef as much as we do. Are looking for something else to cook? See all our 30-Minute Meals.
Easy Pasta Recipe
You might remember my Quick and Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce that is made from scratch. This recipe is easy and done in 30-minutes too. It uses canned tomato sauce, spices, ground beef and veggies.
Or if you are looking for a vegetarian pasta recipe for dinner you might like this Baked Feta Pasta Recipe (with tomatoes) It’s so easy to make too!
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links we earn a small commission for qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you.
Pasta Recipe With Ground Beef (Easy)
This pasta dinner recipe can be made in one-pot! It’s so easy and if you have left overs it’s easy to heat up in the microwave or on the stove. We love pasta season. I cook pasta dishes and spaghetti all year long. Do you?
Let’s get cooking!
- 1lb. Lean Ground Beef
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 a Poblano Pepper (chopped)
- Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1-2 Zucchini (cut up)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian Spices
- 1 can of Chicken Stock (2-cups) Note -(You can use vegetable stock or beef stock too)
- 1 jar of Pasta Sauce
- Penne Pasta (or your favorite pasta noodles) I used 2 cups of noodles.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Start the water for the noodles in a stock pot before making the sauce. Cook the noodles according to the directions on the box. I prefer al dente. But, to make things really easy you can cook the noodles right in the same (big) skillet or pan as i did! (see step 4).
- In a skillet or Pan – Heat up your olive oil then add your chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook them for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the lean ground beef to the skillet. Break it up as you are cooking the ground beef. (If you use ground beef that isn’t lean, or need to drain off any excess oils Drain the drippings off as necessary).
- Next, add the jar of pasta sauce and the can of chicken stock (2 cups). And if cooking the noodles in the pan add them in too!
- Then add all the spices. Adjust as desired. Cover, simmer and occasionally stir until the pasta is (al dente) done.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe for pasta is easy to adapt. If you are vegetarian or prefer no meat, omit it. Or if you have ground turkey or chicken you can use that instead of the ground beef.
Making this pasta recipe later? Don’t forget to pin the recipe! And scroll down to get the printable recipe for this easy dinner idea.
Add the noodles into the boiling water just before your sauce is ready to serve. And cook per package instructions. If you have more time you can simmer the sauce longer and cook the pasta noodles after the sauce is done. But, to make things really easy you can cook the noodles right in the same (big) skillet or pan as I did! (see step 4).
Please note, if you like your pasta really soupy or are serving more people you can add an additional jar of pasta sauce (and adjust noodles but, cook them separately). Just so you know, the photos I took were with my leftovers. (Sometimes they don’t want to wait for me to take photos. ha, ha.) And the noodles soaked up quite a bit of the sauce. It was soupier like the night I served dinner.
This pasta dinner is perfect for a family of 4-6. We had leftovers. Which I don’t mind having for when we are busy! You can serve this dinner idea with any vegetables, a salad, and French bread. Enjoy!
My favorite day to make pasta for dinner is for Sunday dinners. But, this pasta dish can be made any day of the week!
Print The Pasta Recipe
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder, cooking resources, and never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon