DIY Bunny Wands are an easy craft project. Use the bunny template. Cut the cardstock by hand. Or use the Cricut to cut multiple bunny heads at once (like I did). Then assemble the bunny heads onto dowels using a hot glue gun. After, add pretty ribbons. Now you have bunny wands to twirl like fairy wands or to use for decorations in vases or mason jars for celebrations.
Looking for other crafts to make? See all our Cricut Crafts.
DIY Bunny Wands
Spring and summer are such fun times of year for kids and celebrations. Make these fairy wands (with bunny heads) for spring and Easter celebrations. Or to give kids at parties with bunny themes or even to use at wedding celebrations. This is an easy beginner Cricut craft! But, as mentioned before you can cut the bunnies by hand with scissors. Let’s make this bunny craft!
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
How To Make Bunny Wands (Fairy Wands)
- Glitter Cardstock (this is the one I used) or this Glitter Cardstock
- Dowels (3/16″ x 12 inch)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Pretty Ribbons and Ribbons in spring colors any of these Sheer Organdy Ribbons
- Craft Scissors
- Sewing Scissors (budget friendly)
Bunny Head Templates
- In Cricut Design Space – Bunny Head Template (Cricut Access) I made mine 2.48″ x 3″ high and this size Bunny Head Template 3.1′ x 3.75″ (which is a bit larger and my favorite size for 12 dowels.) Both sizes work nicely for fairy wands. These sizes can be adjusted in Design Space (it’s free to sign up and use the program) You can do print and cut files.
- Easter Bunny Faces SVG files
- Set of Bunny Faces SVG files
- Printable – Bunny Head Template PDF files (free printable bunny head template)
- Or purchase cute premade felt bunny heads to add to the dowels.
All these templates can be used for other bunny crafts too! If you don’t have time to make them you can shop Bunny Wands on Etsy! I’m so inspired to make more with other materials.
How To Make Bunny Wands
- Get out the craft supplies. If using the Cricut turn on the machine and heat up the hot glue gun.
- Open up Design Space (You can sign up for free if you don’t have it).
- Use the bunny template (or upload your own image or SVG file).
- Place your glitter cardstock paper or other cardstock paper on the mat. Roll it to make sure it’s flat and secure on the Cricut Mat.
If you are not using the Cricut print the template and cut the bunny heads with scissors. And jump to #7 of the instructions.
- Select Glitter Cardstock, cut more.
- Following the Cricut prompts cut the bunny head design and remove them from the mat.
- On the back side (wrong side) of the glitter cardstock make a hot glue line.
- Place the dowel onto it and make sure the head is centered. Give it a minute to dry.
- Next, place hot glue on the backside of another bunny head, hot glue and make sure the two bunny heads line up! Let it dry.
- Repeat the process. After you have attached all the bunny heads to the dowels cut the ribbons to 14 inch strips. Cut at least 2 ribbons for each bunny head.
- Tie on the ribbons, slide them down just a litttle and add a good sized dot of hot glue onto the dowel. Quickly slide the ribbon carefully over the dot of hot glue. This will keep the ribbons securely on the dowel. Let it dry. Repeat the process for all the bunny dowels you have assembled.
The Video Tutorial For How To Make Bunny Wands
Tada! You are done. Add them to a vase or jar to display. Or keep them in a vase until you hand them out to the kids to twirl like fairy wands! The bunny wands are pretty. I made them part of my spring/Easter decor for my home. I made more wands with bunnies for the grandkids. They can enjoy them for Easter.
Scroll down for more bunny crafts, spring, and Easter crafts to make!
If you liked this project be sure to pin our other DIY Wands to make.
- DIY Heart Wands
- DIY Shamrock Wands – To see how to assemble the bunny wands in a video go to this tutorial and skip to 1:06 minutes. They are made the same way as in this video tutorial .
Crafts To Make!
- All our Spring Craft Ideas
- Our favorite Easter Crafts
- Are you crafting with the kids? You might like this Paper-Plate Bunny Lacing Craft For Kids.
- List of 22 DIY Easter Crafts To Make