DIY Heart Wands – Make Cute Wands with glitter cardstock paper, pretty ribbons, and wood dowels. You can make these heart fairy wands for kids to use, for Valentine’s Day, to put them in vases, or for wedding decorations (perfect for DIY weddings)…
Looking for other crafts to make? See all our Cricut Crafts.
DIY Heart Wands
This heart wand craft can be made in no time flat! You can cut this project by hand with a heart template or cut the hearts out with a die-cutting machine using design space. I used my Cricut. This is an easy beginner Cricut Craft. If you don’t have glitter cardstock you can use other cardstock to make this craft!
This is a quick, easy, and fun craft to make! I made these fairy wands with hearts for my granddaughter’s birthday. She’s a sweetheart and can enjoy the wands with a heart and ribbons to play with. Who will you make these DIY Valentine’s Day Wands for?
Let’s make this heart wand craft.
- 3/16 inch Dowels
- Glitter Cardstock (This is my favorite! Quality cardstock that doesn’t lose the glitter!)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Craft Scissors and Sewing Scissors (for cutting the ribbon cleanly and with no fraying)
- Heart Template (6 hearts) Full Page Printable Heart Template (12 hearts)
You can use the heart template to print and cut the hearts by hand (Use the print/cut option) or use the SVG files to cut hearts with the Cricut (Use the make-it-option). You can also use it for other heart crafts. Sizing is adjustable in Design Space. It’s free to sign up and use.
How To Make Heart Wands
Scroll for the video
- Heat up the glue gun.
- Cut the heart shape (I made mine 3 inch). Do this by hand or with the Cricut using the heart template.
- Face the heart glitter side down on the craft table or protected work space.
- Make a bead of hot glue on the cardstock in a line in the middle.
- Place the dowel directly onto the hot bead of glue. Turn it over and make sure to align the heart’s tip centered on the dowel.
- Repeat this process for the opposite side of the dowel but, align the two hearts evenly.
- Let it dry.
- Cut the ribbons 14 inches. Coordinate the ribbons to go with the craft project’s cardstock and/or theme.
- Next hot glue the inside of the hearts on each side of the dowel. Hold down the sides after gluing until dry.
- When both sides are done. Add the ribbon tied just under the tip of the heart.
- Slide the ribbon down slightly and hot glue into place, by sliding the ribbon over the hot glued dot.
- Repeat the same process for as many heart wands as you want to make!
Craft Project Notes – You can use ribbons and cardstock to go with any of your themed parties or celebrations! You can paint the dowels if you like. Use craft paint (or spray paint) allowing the paint to dry prior to making wands with ribbons.
Enjoy making them!