Are you looking for an easy dinner idea? Enjoy this easy pork chops recipe. With a few spices, olive oil, and a skillet you will have dinner in no time flat. This is a simple pork chops recipe that you can cook on the stovetop.
I am all about having 30-minute meals on my recipe list. There are times when we are just busy but, still love a good home-cooked meal.
Easy Pork Chops Recipe
If you enjoy pork chops this pan-seared pork chops recipe is one you will enjoy! Pork chops cooked on the stovetop are not only easy to make, but they are also tasty to eat!
Kitchen tools you will need
Pork chop cuts you might consider purchasing for the recipe for pork chops; boneless pork chops, bone-in pork chops, pork loin pork chops.
How to cook pork chops on the stovetop
- Add about a tablespoon or so of olive oil to a skillet or frying pan.
- Heat the pan on the stovetop with the oil on medium-high temperature.
- Season the pork chops prior to cooking.
- Add your pork chops into the pan.
- Let the pork chops cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over the pork chops (when they are fully seared or can release from the pan).
- Let the second side cook.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork chops.
- The pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (USDA Food Safety Temperature Chart)
- Let the pork chops rest before serving.
- If the pork chops need more cooking time to achieve the proper internal temperature you can reduce the heat slightly and cook them longer. Try not to overcook the pork chops they will become dried out.
- If you don’t have Lemon Pepper you can use an herb mix like Italian Seasonings. Other ways to season the pork chops is to use a seasoning like this Pork chops seasoning or this pork chop seasoning. You need to give pork chops a good amount of seasoning to make them flavorful, so season both sides when cooking them.
- It’s important to season your pork chops well. I generously sprinkle the seasoning on the uncooked pork chops for cooking.
If it’s not hot out you can always sear the pork chops and finish cooking them by baking them in the oven. But, I’m all for less work and pans on some days. What about you?
What to serve with pork chops?
Serve pork chops with your favorite vegetables as a side dish along with rice or potatoes. Enjoy!
What Side dishes go with pork chops
- Green Beans
- Sliced Tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Beet Cucumber Tomato Salad – This is one of our most popular and pinned side dishes.
- Rice or Rice Pilaf
- Potato salad
- Sweet Potato Pineapple Salad
- Apple Sauce
Make the recipe now, or pin it for later!
Looking for more dinner ideas?
Pork Recipes To Make
- New here? Be sure to subscribe (Plus you get a free printable recipe binder and cooking resources)
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Side Dishes Pinterest
- Salad Recipes Pinterest
- See all Recipe Index with all our easy recipes!