We love good Brownie Mix Cookies. They are fudgy, chocolaty bites of goodness. Layer on an another element of chocolate by adding M&M’s with peanuts. Now you have elevated it to the max. Use pastel colored M&M’s like we did and you will have quick, easy, Easter Brownie Cookies.
If you are looking for something else try any of our other cookie recipes.
These cookies would also be great for Mother’s Day too, especially if your mom loves chocolate. Heck, make them for Father’s Day. Just swap colors for the chocolate coated candies. The ideas are endless if you think about it. Reveal cookies for showers, themed celebrations, or any time you want a good chocolate cookie. Bite, after bite! Tasty chocolate goodness.
Brownie Mix Cookies
Are you ready for your fudge fix? Or do you need more ideas for Easter cookies?
Brownie Cookies With M&M’s
If you love chocolate cookies, or M&M cookies, are BUSY but love to bake, this is the cookies recipe for you because they are brownie mix cookies. The recipe steps are easy, the bake time short the hardest part will be letting these wonderful smelling brownie cookies cool down before you can eat them.
Looking for a fun baking activity for the kids? Or your teens? Have your teens at home make them for you. Or have the kids help you make these because this is just that easy to make. This is perfect for spring break and baking with the kids.
Easter Brownie Cookies
Grab festive pot holder set like I did, a pretty Easter towel, a pretty cookie plate or cookie stand for displaying your cookies. Have fun making these brownie cookies. I added pink sprinkles on the top after baking, while they were still warm. The other sprinkles were baked right inside the batter.
Brownie cookies from a box. Yep, no shame here. Do you really think guests will care how you baked them when they bite into these? You can try this brownie cookies from scratch that I spotted. Just switch out chocolate chips for the M & M’s and follow the rest of the directions here when your batter is made.
How to make brownie cookies
1 brownie mix (brownie mix or brownie mix)
half a cup of butter (softened almost to melting)
1 tablespoon water
Pastel Colored M & M’s (1/2 cup)*with or without peanuts
Cookie Sprinkles (1/4 cup)
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a microwaveable bowl in the microwave for a short time 25 seconds on high.
- Add brownie mix to mixing bowl.
- Next add an egg, the melted butter and water to the mix.
- Stir the batter until blended.
- Then add your sprinkles. and repeat until blended. (At this point chill dough or chill dough after you scoop the cookies, see step 8)
Now, take your cookie scoop and scoop the mixed batter onto a prepared baking pan.
I use these sheet pan liners – baking mat liners. They are easy to wash an reuse.
Step 7 Next you need to flatten the dough slightly (do not over press them down) and add your candies to the top. Press them in slightly.
- Step 8 (IMPORTANT) You need to pop them into the fridge or setting them on a cool counter to let butter set up before baking. (about 10-15 minutes) If you don’t some will go flat on you during baking process.
When your cookies are all on the baking sheet bake them in a pre heated oven at 350 F
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Do not over bake, only bake until edges are browned slightly.
- Remove from oven.
- Optional – add sugar candy sprinkles to top while warm (in your theme colors)
- Let cool completely before storing or adding to cookie plates for serving.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Cookie Recipes Pinterest
Looking for more sweets to make?
- If you liked this recipe you might like to try our chocolate cake box cookies.
- Or our strawberry lemonade crinkle cookies recipe. Both are more easy spring cookie recipes.