I am part of the CollectiveBias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This is the time of year where summer is winding down but, the weather is heating up again! Despite that we try to #AddSparkle to our days and family activities while beating the heat. From now until way past when school starts back for the kids we’ll be juggling the heat. Today I’m going to share some of my favorite ways to beat the heat of the long hot summer days that are left this year. But, no matter where you live I hope you find these tips helpful too! Because everyone should add sparkle to their day! Right?
I must admit that it isn’t easy staying indoors in the late summer. These tips will be sure to have you beating the heat, keeping a bit cooler and adding sparkle to your day!
- Start out early to get in your daily exercise prior to 10 a.m.
- Get all the house straightening up out of the way prior to afternoon
- Run any errands early so your groceries or other purchases don’t heat up in the trunk of your car
- Close your house windows early to conserve cool air inside and keep heat out
- Be prepared with library books, movies, games and crafts for indoor family entertainment and fun!
- Arrange flowers bring the outdoors in
With temperatures ranging from 103-115 degrees keeping indoors and cool is important but, I miss the outdoors this time of year. That’s why I love having flowers in my home! Whether I go out and pick some on my morning walks or pick some up when I run my errands it just adds that touch of nature into my home that I need and adds sparkle to my day.
- Journal or draw
- Be sure to stay hydrated
- Slice up lemons/limes to add to water drinks
As the day heats up staying hydrated is so important to keeping hydrated, healthy and cool. I usually stock up on sparkling waters tossing them into the fridge to have them chilled. Perfect for anytime. Add a favorite quote to your journal or illustrate it, it’s always nice to think positive.
- Add fresh fruit into ice cube trays to make ice cubes, I’ve even used sparkling water for mine!
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Water only better is Sparkling Water.
- Pick up limes, lemons or other fresh fruits to add to your flavored carbonated water giving it a splash of extra flavor. Wash, slice and even freeze them into ice cubes to make your drinks even more refreshing and cold.
Don’t forget you can pre chill tempered glass in the freezer for a short time giving it that frosted look and keeping your drink cooler longer. The flavored sparkling water are our favorite water drinks to beat the heat while keeping us hydrated!
I found my Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer Water Flavors at Walmart. Some of the flavors they carry: Original, Lemon Lime, Triple Berry and Pomegranate Cherry to name a few but, might vary by store.
How do you beat the heat, add sparkle to your day and have fun indoors when it’s hot outside?