When it comes to holidays I like to take the easy approach by making plans ahead of time that are easy. Sometimes things end up last minute but, you can still pull it together with these tips for creating a last minute gathering. Just by setting a timeline and creating a checklist. This way you can focus on your guests, planned activities and fun the day of the gathering or holiday.
This year I have planned an Easter brunch. I’ll share how keeping it simple can be a great way to keep the stress level down and enjoy the entire day with family and friends.
My holiday time lines are very similar even for big events. A few days prior to the brunch I clean the house and only spot clean the morning of.
- Plan a simple menu.
- Include menu items that can be fixed ahead of time and heated the day of the gathering or brunch.
- When grocery shopping pick up your flowers at the same time. Many grocery stores have floral departments.
- Add a container inside a basket and use tissue paper for pops of color or use clear mason jars with flowers for pops of color, tie pretty ribbons around your jars add them to your table setting.
- Create a buffet area for your brunch.
- Set up your table by having the plates,silverware and napkins on one area of the table.
- Set up a drink station with cups,spoons,sugar bowl and creamer containers for your favorite International Delight creamers.
For a simple meal plan:
- Pick a meat you can pre cook and slice before everyone arrives arrange it on a pretty platter, cover and keep warm until serving
- A large mixed green salad with dressings choices in pretty pouring containers.The salad can be made a day ahead, but reserve tomato and cucumbers to be added the day of.
- Finger foods such as veggies and dip, crackers and cheese.
- For a dessert cupcakes in pretty liners.
- Print and cut these Cupcake Toppers I made just for you! Cut out images and glue a tooth pick toward bottom of image and in between the two images add to your cupcake. ( I use card stock paper and an extra strong hold glue stick )
- Beverages coffee and tea
- Always include your favorite International Delight creamer. My favorite creamer is International Delight’s French Vanilla. It gives beverages just the right amount of sweetness and flavor.
- For Easter pre dye eggs and leave some un-dyed eggs for the kids to color and decorate. I also set up a area for the little ones to paint with watercolors. Later in the day after eating we hide eggs and let the kids enjoy the fun.
- To grab more last minute ideas, printables and recipes visit International Delights Easter Pinterest Board
Which International Delight coffee flavor is your favorite?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.