Do you like beet smoothies? If you haven’t tried smoothie recipes with beets you should. They are easy to make, naturally sweet, and good for your health. This beet smoothie recipe is done in less than five minutes, which will have you sipping the beetroot smoothie lick-it-y split. I make smoothies with beets, other fruits and veggies all the time.
Five days or more out of the week I eat lunch by myself, so I have found smoothies as my go to for a quick lunch. I also make them for mid after noon pick me up and or school for my daughter. They are great with protein powder added pre or post workouts, walks or hiking. If you are new to making smoothies, get blending because there so many good recipes to try for healthy smoothies.
This beet smoothie recipe is super easy and only has three ingredients, plus ice.
Beet Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cooked beet (peeled)
- half a cup of washed blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1 cup ice
I happened to pick up groceries at our local Costco and they had Love Beets (prepared, cooked and peeled beets ready to use or eat) which made this recipe even easier to make. I had never tried them before. ( this isn’t sponsored) They were super good.
- If you can’t find them in your local stores you can cook your beets ahead of time for smoothies, and keep them in the fridge. Or try having something on hand like Love Beets beet root powder
- Check out this article if you want to freeze beets for your smoothies; how to freeze beets.
Beets are a super food, healthy and great in your diet.
The next ingredient is half a cup of washed blueberries. They are lovely fresh and easy to get most of the year where we live but, you could use frozen if needed.
Lastly almond milk. Or swap it out and use your favorite milk.
How to make a beet smoothie
This is a non dairy, vegetarian and vegan smoothie.
- First pour the almond milk into the blender.
- Then add your washed and measured blueberries
- Next add 1 washed, cooked and peeled beet. (small to medium in size)
- Add one cup of ice
- Add the lid to your blender securely.
- Blend on low, then raise speed to high until fully blended.
- Pour and serve!
Another alternative to using cooked beets would be to wash, peel and cut up a raw beet. Having a good blender like my Vitamix Blender makes chopping raw veggies super easy, making smoothies and even blending my hot soups so they are creamy.
What other fruits do you like to add to your beet smoothies? We have used bananas, strawberries and added nut butters. There are so many benefits to beet smoothies.
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Drinks and smoothies on Pinterest
Looking for more recipes to try?