Hey Beauties! Do you ever wake up with bed head? Do you find with all the swimming, hair dying, hair drying, straightening, and hot weather that your hair is dry or brittle? Frizzy? Do you want pretty, healthy hair?? If you want better looking hair today’s beauty tips for how to get healthy hair in 5 easy steps is sure to help you. Bonus, if you need hair care products we have a discount for you for Desert Essence later in this post.
Seriously some days I think I wake up looking a witch, and that would not be Glenda the good witch! lol My hair is dry, and seriously frizzed out. I do get my hair done by a professional when it comes to dying. (It’s better for your hair) But, honestly where we live it’s a double, even triple doze of drying conditions. HEAT, Pool CHEMICALS, and HAIR TOOLS that take the tole on silky looking hair. Do you want healthy, silky hair too? Hair as pretty as Goldie Locks. Let me share a few hair tips with you.
“I received DesertEssence Hair products for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links at no cost to you.”
Good hair days starts with good hair care, being good to your body nutritionally, and quality non-harsh, natural beauty products.
Sammie’s hair has been highlighted professionally too. But, it’s the pool, beach, and extreme dry weather that has her hair looking dirty, dull, and dry. So we both put the new hair care products to the test. This is Sam’s hair before/after.
This is after shampoo, and conditioning with the smoothing shampoo, and conditioner. prior to styling. With natural drying, and prior to using other products such as the smoothing primer.
How to get healthy hair
- Start with the basics GOOD HAIR CARE! A good shampoo, and conditioner. Use hair care products such as Desert Essence (for every hair type)
- Be healthy in the way you eat, and by taking vitamins for the hair like Biotin with Coconut Oil
- Use heat tools such as blow dryers, straightening irons sparingly. If you do use them use a product like this (Coconut Hair Defrizzer, and Heat Protector) prior to blow drying. straightening or styling your hair. Also you can use a Smoothing Primer with high gloss technology, that also increases shine.
- Be sure to get regular hair cuts, and trims from a professional stylist. Why? Cutting off dead ends helps keep hair healthy, and growing healthy.
- Treat your hair with an anti hair breakage hair mask Hair masks are a great way to give your hair the extra deep conditioning it needs to be healthy.
Another must have are good hair brushes, and a wide tooth comb for wet hair, made to care for your hair gently. Hair brushing with a boar bristle brush stimulates the capillaries, increasing blood circulation in the scalp and transporting oxygen and nutrients to the hair stem, root and bulb. It also helps to balance the sebaceous glands by stimulating them and allowing them to breath while retaining natural oils.(reference)
Lastly, if you dye your hair; use a professional hair stylist to color your hair. They can pick the right formulations for your hair, and make sure your hair is healthy enough to dye it. After box dying in my younger years I leave it to the pros to have healthier hair. Our hair dresser said they are more harsh for your hair, and your apt to need color corrections, and cutting to reverse damages.
Desert Essence Hair Care Products
We tried two shampoos and conditioners from Desert Essence, this is the anti-breakage shampoo plus biotin. We liked both the anti-breakage shampoo, and conditioner; although our hair doesn’t have a lot of breakage or split ends.
There were two conditioners in the hair care package we received this Desert Essence Conditioner helps reduce breakage,and contains biotin.
Desert Essence Hair Mask has nourishing ingredients such as Jojoba, Coconut Oils, and Saw Palmetto. The formula helps revitalize hair strands to minimize breakage. It also includes Aloe and Olive Oils….Neither Sam or I get a lot of breakage. In part that we use styling wands sparingly, and soft hair ties. But, using a hair mask once a week is key to giving your hair a deep conditioning, and increasing healthy hair.
You apply this deep conditioner after washing, and hair is still wet. Leave on for 20–30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. To maximize benefit, cover your hair with a shower cap and wrap in a hot towel.
This hair primer gives your hair high gloss, and increases shine. You can use this to refresh your hair in between shampoos too.
- Our favorites were the smoothing shampoo, and conditioner. It doesn’t take much to get a lather from the shampoo. Use about the size of a quarter in the palm of your hands. If you have really dirty hair rinse, and repeat. The shampoo has Maiden Hair Fern, Wild Thyme, and Rosemary, with Jojoba Oil. Leaving hair smooth.
- Then condition with a pea to dime size amount depending on how much hair you have. The products we tried have a natural smell to them. We are really enjoying using all their hair care products. I actually prefer the Desert Essence over previous brands I have reviewed. The conditioner has Maiden Hair Fern, Wild, Thyme, Ginseng, Coconut and Olive Oils, and Jojoba Oil.
- Both contain Apple Cider Vinegar, see product ingredients for full list.
Overall we have enjoyed using these natural hair care products from Desert Essence, and found our favorites. I really think you’d enjoy them if you tried them. You can see more reviews on their site. Have you tried Desert Essence which beauty, and hair care products are your favorites?
Founded in 1978, Desert Essence is a leader in natural personal care. To find out more about these hair care products, and more natural products visit the faq page or their site. Organic, Gluten Free, Award Winning hair care products (see all the Dessert Essence FAQ) because they are too many to mention, plus you can find a breakdown of all the herbs, and natural oils in their products!
Desert Essence Discount
- Reader Discount! You can take 20% off Anti-Breakage and Smoothing Hair Care Products on desertessence.com with the promo code: DELovesMomsMeet
- New here? Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
Also connect with Desert Essence on social media:
What do you do to get healthy hair?
Looking for more beauty tips, and hair care tips?
- Hair Straightening Tips To Help You Style Like a Pro
- Simple Hair Styles for Long Hair Anyone Can Do!
- How to Donate Your Hair Like a Boss (for wigs for cancer patients)
- Hask Hair Products Review
- Garnier Olia Hair Color Review
- See All Beauty Tips Posts
- See DIY Beauty Recipes