Who is ready for some pro hair beauty tips? We really have been heading to our local beauty store a lot lately. As we went through the doors of our local Ulta Beauty store Sammie even said, “We are here a lot right?!” I had to agree. Especially since Sammie’s hair is shorter which requires a cut more often. (more about her donating her hair later) We find ourselves perusing the isles in search of great beauty finds to try. This way we can share what beauty products, tools and finds worked great for us.
Sometimes, we connect with my daughter who is a licensed cosmetologist JustJenniStyle to grab her input. Our baskets have been filling up this summer as we really have tried a bunch of new brands of hair care, skin care and makeup. Today we are sharing hair straightening tips along with our picks for mini straightening irons, plus our must haves.
Today’s top new must have is the mini straightening iron. With Sammie’s new short hairstyle and curly hair it’s a must for creating a straightened hairstyle. For my wavy hair, to finish a blow dried style a hairstyle flat iron is a must have. Why do we like the mini straightening irons? We like that they are light weight, travel friendly and as powerful as the traditional sized straightening irons.
How to use a straightening iron like a pro:
- Make sure your hair is completely dry
- Always use a hair protectant
- Spray the spray about an inch away from the roots of your hair and pull spray through with fingers (so it doesn’t make your hair greasy)
- Work straightening hair by using small sections
- Start at the root, gently pull toward the ends
- At the ends pull in slightly, without tugging and gently curve the hair (this gives your hair a natural look)
- Do not over use your flat irons (give your hair a rest)
- Do not leave the iron on your hair too long, do a multiply pass if needed
- If you have thin hair you don’t need your iron as hot!
- Do not leave in the reach of small children
- Remember to shut them off and pull out the cord
- Let fully cool before storing
- Always read your iron instructions as each one is different
- Use them with caution
TIGI CatWalk: For Heat Protection and Shine Work It: Heat protection is vital for maintaining healthy, gorgeous hair. Care for your straight style with this formula custom tailored to help resist heat up to 450° F. Ultra – fine spray helps prevent moisture loss while providing impeccable straightening and illuminating shine
Redkin: Heat Styling, Medium Control. For Straightening and Curling, heat styling. Medium control.
CHIBlowSmart: What is it? A blowout spray that delivers smoother, easier-to-manage hair with extra body in one easy step, with results that last up to one week (after four to five shampoos).Who is it for: All hair types. If you have fine hair, this spray helps add body and texture with a smooth finish. If you have frizzy, and/or thick hair, this spray helps reduce frizz and makes hair easier to manage. Why is it different? CHI Smart Smooth Keratin Blowout Spray contains amino acids, silk, keratin, bamboo extract, and chamomile to deliver salon-quality results.
Frizz-Ease by John Frida: Helps hair straightening. Makes hair soft to touch. Therma Guard Complex protects against damage.
Top Picks For Mini Hair Straightening Irons:
These mini straightening irons are light weight and as powerful as their full size counter parts. Not only perfect for everyday use; think travel, overnighters, back to school (college) and pre party beauty get togethers.
CHI Air Classic 1″ Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron • Chi •
We purchased the new BedHead mini straightening iron and Power Lift mini crimper. We can’t wait to share a few more things we picked up! Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out as we share where the best sales and finds are.
When was the last time you updated your straightening iron? Have you tried the new mini flat irons?