We love trying new grapevine wreath ideas. Do you? Today I’m sharing a quick, and easy Valentine’s Day Wreath DIY.
Valentine’s Day Wreath
For this grapevine wreath project you don’t need a lot of supplies.
- I glittered my own wood hearts
- My favorite glitter is Martha Stewart’s. I used this red glitter and Mod Podge
- You can buy glittered red hearts if you prefer, and skip that process.
- My wreath was 10 inch in size. But, you can make yours any size you like.
How to add glitter to wood hearts
- For this wreath take your wooden hearts and add a layer of Mod Podge. Next sprinkle your glitter over the hearts, and shake off excess glitter.
- Layer Mod Podge over the top.
- Let hearts dry. I like to do this a day in advance, and really let them dry good.
- Pro tip: do this over a sheet pan, lined with wax paper. You can add unused back to jar if you like.
Next add wired fuzzy ribbon around wreath or other pretty Valentine’s Day Ribbons.
I like to take it off the spool before I start wrapping.
Wrap the ribbon around your wreath, spacing it out equally. Just visually do it, and adjust as needed. You can use any thickness or ribbon you like. For this it doesn’t have to be wired. I used left over ribbon from holiday projects. Tie off in the back of the wreath. Set to the side until needed.
Next: Create dove tailed ends on your ribbon to thread through your wood hearts for attaching to your wreath.
Next cut wired ribbon with dove tail ends. Make sure your ribbon is long enough to thread through, and twist off for attaching. I cut mine at least 4-6 inches. Sorry I forgot to measure them. They won’t need to be super long as your just slipping them through the wreath strands, and not wrapping them onto or through back side of wreath.
How do you make a dove tail cut?
- cut the length of your ribbon (6″)
- fold it in half (first step in image)
- next fold it upwards in half
- cut at a diagonal towards the center top
- unfold ribbon and use in your project
- fold in half to thread through hearts
Carefully insert ends of dove tail through small hole, and pull wired ribbon through.
Next make a wired ribbon bow. Fluff out ribbons, and keep top flat to place a heart.
Glue a heart to the top of the bow.
Next tie all your hearts spaced out around, and onto your wreath to complete it. If needed make a wired hanger on the back. I like hanging mine onto a wreath hanger.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe.
- Pin it for Later
Looking for more Valentine’s Day Ideas? Check out all our Valentine’s Day Ideas, and projects.