Banana Muffins – Sweet, moist and so tasty! There is nothing like the natural sweetness of a ripe banana, add that plus… into a muffin batter and you will have the perfect, banana muffins!
Make this banana muffins recipe, bake them and when they are done grab your big ole’ mug of coffee, and enjoy! The recipe will yield you 12 regular sized muffins.
Are you ready to bake these tasty muffins? They are so easy to make and delicious! Anytime you have ripe bananas or overripe bananas is the best time for making your muffins.
Summer weather can make bananas ripen quickly so it’s easy to have ripe bananas on hand. If your bananas aren’t quite ripe add them into a brown paper bag, close it up and give them a day or two.
Use the banana muffins for breakfast, snacking, add them to lunches… Pop them in the freezer to use later, if there are only a few of you in the house. I use freezer bags to store them, making sure all the air is squeezed out. Make sure they are fully cold before freezing.
What makes banana muffins taste good?
- Use overripe bananas, they are naturally sweeter and softer.
- When it comes to making muffins with bananas the more the marrier? Yes and no you want almost equal amounts. For this recipe, you will need 4-5 ripened bananas.
- Measure the flour level and do not increase the amount.
- The addition of pure vanilla extract helps with the flavors or the muffins can be a bit bland.
- Adding cinnamon is the perfect complement.
- Nuts are optional. I omitted them from this recipe.
How To Make Banana Muffins
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4-5 ripe bananas (seriously you need at least 4!)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F degrees
- Grab all your ingredients. That way you don’t miss anything.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add your egg, (measured) sugar, brown sugar, and stir.
- Next, add your melted butter (slightly cooled) and stir.
- Measure and add all your dry ingredients into a separate bowl and whisk it gently together.
- Then add the dry ingredients, into your banana mixture.
- Do not over mix. Mix only until combined.
- Scoop them into lined cupcake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, just until they spring back or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Don’t over bake)
- Remove from the oven.
- Cool the banana muffins and enjoy!
Print the recipe or pin it for later.
Honestly, making this muffins recipe with bananas feels like no work at all, it is so simple even a beginning baker can make them, as it’s an easy banana muffins recipe!
This recipe was inspired by Banana Muffins ii