Pumpkin Brownies With Pecans – Oh hello, chocolaty, fudgy brownie goodness with pumpkin, cream cheese, and nuts. Do you love brownies? Have you tried brownies with pumpkin? This is a brownie mix recipe. It ticks the boxes that you want in a brownie a little gooey, cake-like, and is easy to make.
Looking for a different recipe to make? Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Brownies With Pecans
The combination of chocolate, pumpkin, and nuts says fall baking has arrived! You can make them any time you crave brownies, these make a great dessert. If you don’t like nuts you can just omit this step!
Chocolate and pumpkin in a brownie is absolutely yummy! Serve this sweet treat with coffee, tea or milk. Top it with vanilla ice cream if you like.
Another recipe you might like is this Chocolate Pecan Bars. Or this recipe for Easy Caramel Brownies With Sea Salt.
Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (or your favorite brownie mix)
- 2 Eggs (1 egg + 1 egg yolk)
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of water
NOTE: Use the ingredient amounts listed on your box of brownies and add 1 egg yolk.
Pumpkin Swirl Mixture
- 1/4 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 3 ounces (room temp) Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (or walnuts)
How to make pumpkin brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees. And pre-spray a baking dish with Pam and set to the side.
- Make the brownies according to the directions on your brownie box, plus add 1 egg yolk. Pour it into a prepared baking dish and set it to the side.
- In a separate bowl mix together softened cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin puree, spices and flour (mix it together).
- Dollop the pumpkin mixture onto the brownie mixture (that has been poured in to the baking dish).
- Swirl through the mixture with a butter knife.
- Top with the chop nuts. (This step may be left out if you can’t eat nuts)
- Swirl it through the mixture, incorporating the nuts.
- Bake until the center is done. Bake it about 30-40 minutes.
- Cool the brownies completely before slicing them! After cooling you can chill the pan to get a cleaner sliced brownie cut.
Additional Notes: Baking and cooling times may vary slightly. Test your brownies with a toothpick before you get to the end of the bake time. Let the brownies cool on the counter (on a trivet) prior to adding them to finish cooling in the fridge before cutting.
Can you use other chopped nuts?
Yes, you can use chopped walnuts.
Easy Pumpkin Brownies
The brownies can be served cut. Or add vanilla ice cream or whip cream to the top. Enjoy!
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder, cooking resources, and never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Print The Recipe
The recipe I adapted was Betty Crockers Pumpkin Swirl Brownies