Make pesto pizza at home. Why? It’s easy to make and is over the top cheesy. Every bite is so yummy and flavorful. This homemade pizza tastes just like gourmet pizza! Are you ready to make pizza for dinner?
You don’t have to make the pizza dough. You can if you have time (I have a few recipes below). For this recipe, we purchased a ball of pre-made pizza dough, pesto sauce, and toppings. Do you want to make something else? See our 30-Minute Meals.
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Making pizza is fun! And this is an easy pizza with pesto to make. I enjoy making pizza with the family (and for the family). Its an easy dinner idea. I love adding a fresh salad on the side. What about you?
We love having pizza and movie nights. We enjoy serving pizza when we have family or friends over. You can easily customize the toppings on homemade pizza. Let’s make pizza for dinner!
Pesto Pizza Recipe
- Pizza Dough (1 ball of pizza dough – store bought Or homemade – recipe below)
- Olive Oil
- Pesto Sauce (1 Jar of regular, creamy pesto sauce Or homemade pesto sauce fina a recipe below)
- Sliced Kalamata Olives (1 can pitted)
- Artichoke Hearts (1 can quartered)
- Shredded Mozzarella (8 ounce package)
- Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- Optional 1-2 crushed garlic cloves and pre-cooked marinated chicken. You can see how to marinate chicken with pesto and cook the chicken in this recipe Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta. It’s quick and easy to cook to make pesto pizza with chicken.
How to make homemade pesto pizza
- Get out your pizza pan or baking sheet/sheet pan and add olive oil to the bottom. Use a paper towel or your clean hands to spread it around.
- Pull out your premade dough from the refrigerator. (homemade or store-bought).
- Shape the dough by rolling it out or kneading it with your hand and fingers to the shape and thickness you prefer.
- Add the pesto sauce (and optional crushed garlic) and spread it around the pizza. Keeping it a little bit off the edges.
- Next, add the shredded Mozzarella cheese, cut up artichoke hearts, sliced Kalamata olives and cooked chicken.
- Top it with shredded or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven at (450-475 F degrees ) It typically will bake in 15-20 minutes.
- You know the pizza is done when the bottom is brown (and the dough is cooked). Be sure to check on the pizza as it cooks!
- Cool the pizza slightly, slice,and serve.
Honestly, it’s so easy to make and taste just like your favorite gourmet pesto pizzas. Adjust the toppings to your family’s tastes.
What toppings to put onto pesto pizza?
Pesto Pizza Toppings
- Dried tomatoes
- Sliced tomatoes
- Artichoke hearts
- Cooked Chicken
- Spinach or Baby spinach
- Pine nuts
- Cooked sausage
- Italian peppers
- Riccota Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
What topping do you like on your pizza?
Do you want to make your own pizza dough?
Check out these videos for how to make pizza dough and make your dough ahead of time.
How to make homemade pesto?
Print The Recipe
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder and cooking resources. Plus, never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon