This is a sponsored review, I received free product from SheSpeaks. Today we are talking about meal prepping, on the go lunches, and snacks.
Does anyone else have rushed mornings? I admit I am not the jump out of bed, hello day type of person. I prefer my coffee handed to me, freshly brewed. (not happening) An extra 20 minutes of peace, and sleep before getting out of bed. (hello snooze bar, not happening) The reality is it’s more like rolling out of bed and not being able to do everything I need to get done in the mornings. All for the sake of back to school or on the go lunches for the hubbs.
On The Go Lunches
I’ve been meal planning more, prepping lunches and packing up snacks the night before. Because if I don’t my morning looks like this.
- The reality is I jump out of bed to the alarm.
- The Mr. is already gone to work, without lunch. Which isn’t healthy.
- Run to start the kettle for my coffee
- Feed the pets
- Help my teen get her lunch ready in a hurry, and toss some snacks together. (I can’t believe she’ll be off to college in a couple of years!)
- We head to school by 7: 15 am.
On-the-go containers save me!
- Bang the gong! No more. I want everyone to have their healthy homemade lunches, (including myself) and healthy snacks but, with that said we are making lunch ahead of time. No more last-minute meal prepping and lunch making non-sense.
How does this happen? Everyday? In a few words…
- Not planning or prepping meals in advance by any of us.
In the past, we’ve just encountered a few problems with packing lunches.
Do any of these meal prep problems sound familiar to you?
- Maybe you want to make a salad to take with you but, you don’t because it gets wilt-y?
- Salad dressing, and dips. I want to pack them but, all the food containers are too big.
- Are veggies and fruits making other foods soggy? Ewe, wet sandwiches.
- Want to pack sliced veggies but, what about the dips?
- You or someone in the family hates certain foods touching other foods.
- Breakfast on the go? Not, ready!
- Snacks getting stale by lunchtime.
- Leaking soup containers, maybe that you can’t even microwave.
I could go on but, you get the picture. Plain, and simple I think we were just lacking the right food storage containers.
The solution to the problems found
Food storage containers with lids that are 100% leak proof
Bonus, this on the go container set is microwave and dishwasher safe.
Lunch and snack ideas
Meet the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad and Snack Set Clear 9 piece set perfect for on-the-go. After trying them, I think I’m hearing angels sing. Hallelujah, OK that might be a little overdramatic. But, I have to say our life has changed in the mornings since we are using #StoredBrilliantly 9 piece set, and prepping lunches the night before. Minus the fact that I still don’t get my coffee handed to me. Can I hear an ahh?
- These containers are a must-have for travel, road trips, family outings, or long days at the office.
Now when we are prepping the dinner, we also prep for the next days’ lunches and snacks. These food storage containers are so versatile and keep the foods so nicely. You can mix up how you use or not use the inserts.
- A little food storage tip I learned when working at a restaurant is icing your lettuce to crisp it up, then your paper towel (or towel) it dry after cutting, and insert to your storage container. Then pop it into the fridge until needed.
Ideas for your lunch salads
- head lettuce
- spring mix
- red, yellow, green, orange bell peppers
- grape tomatoes
- green onions
- white albacore tuna packed in water (drained)
- chopped pecans
- artichoke hearts
- chopped cooked chicken breasts
- hard-boiled eggs
- Parmesan cheese
Lunch prep tips
- Tip for your sandwiches not getting soggy. Keep veggies and meat separated in the separated side part, add mayo in mini container and bread in the bottom. Assemble right before eating.
- Tip for keeping apples from browning, brush lemon juice over cut slices.
- Tip for keeping avocados from browning in salads or sandwiches brush slices with lime juice or olive oil.
- Tip for keeping crackers fresh don’t store them overnight in the fridge. Add them, and pack just before leaving.
Looking for more salad ideas or recipes?
Check out this Pinterest board of mine packed with 555+ salad ideas for lunches.
Sometimes we use bottled dressing, other times we make our own (our favorite homemade dressing). What about you?
The mini dressing container fits perfectly (and snugly) into the food storage unit, and are 100% leak-proof*. Holla.
Two sections on either side for any other veggies, crackers or other salad fixings you might want to bring.
This set of meal prep containers are totally customizable, with it’s insert trays, and dividers. Easy to take out, wash in the dishwasher.
I really like how they have the deep grooves for stacking. They don’t slide around, or off each other when stored in the fridge.
Now we are ready every day with the leak-proof food storage containers. It’s been a win/win for making our mornings easier, and everyone having lunch ready. Honestly, how many times has the Mr. grabbed fast food for lunch vs. a healthy lunch, and snack like the one above? Too many times! Stopped that madness.
Oh, did I tell you Sammie’s team won their division tennis 2-day tournament in Fresno, Ca.? How cool is that!
Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad and Snack Set
This storage set covers these wins too
- Stain Resistant due to The ultra-durable Tritan material keeps the container both stain-free, and odor-free.
- Safe and Easy – BPA free and safe for the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer.
- *Not applicable to internal compartments created by inserts.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
What are some of your favorite on the go lunch ideas or snack ideas?
- Storage Hacks Must-Have Kitchen Hacks To Keep Produce Fresher
- Food Storage Solutions to keep your foods and produce fresher for longer!