For Mother’s Day this year I want to go on a picnic with the family With a little planning and some Meal Plan Monday picnic recipes at the end of the post I think we are off to a good start with our picnic menu. I am also sharing my top must have picnic gifts perfect which are perfect ideas for picnic season and Mothers Daygiving. Have you ever considered taking your mom on a Mother’s Day picnic?
I just love getting outdoors and would rather be taken out to eat on a less crowded day to a restaurant. I hate the lines, the Mr. hates the spending extra money and my daughter is so picky we end up eating where she would like to eat. Doesn’t sound like a fun Mother’s Day to me. Does it to you?
This year I asked instead of hanging out at home if we could take a drive and eat a picnic lunch at our local botanical gardens and finish the drive home with a stop at the beach! Now that sounds like a fun Mother’s Day to me how about you?
I’d pack my camera of course for taking photos of flowers and if I am lucky enough spot some hummingbirds or butterflies. Then at the beach some photos of the sun setting. I want to keep things light only what we need and asked them to purchase me a picnic basket. I never really have had a good one or even a pretty one. It’s always an ice chest which in most cases other than camping was too big for picnic needs.
At Target I saw some things perfect for picnics. I decided to share my favorites! And of course some picnic solutions that they carry. I want this to be the year that we picnic all the time from spring until the sun sets on Autumn.
Here are my favorite picks for items I would love to have for a lovely picnic and are only available online over at Target :
- Rubbermaid Locking Lid 20-piece Food Storage Set (BPA Free for safety) All the pieces are microwave and dishwasher safe & Air Tight Seal
- Oh Joy Table Cloth (we always seem to get the table with carvings or bird droppings)
- I just hate flies and bugs on food! These picnic food cover protectors are perfect for party time or picnics
- I love this insulated carrier for taking your dish to pot luck picnics! It’s from Rachel Ray. Can’t you tell by the signature orange? But, comes in several colors!
- Metro Basket Beige is fully insulated and has the adjustable top no smashing down food items
- Yellow Stone Picnic Basket with everything you need for service for two
- Kabrio Wine Basket Service for two ( wouldn’t this be perfect for having a glass of wine at the beach while watching the sunset!)
- Windsor Picnic Basket Service for four (not shown) This one is perfect for us plus one
I know my favorites are the Kabrio Wine I’m sure I can fit one more service in it or Windsor. What is your favorite picnic basket?
San Luis Obispo Botanical Gardens is one of my favorite places to visit and take photographs. If you ever are nearby it’s also has a gift center, great park and hiking trails.
Now here are some menu ideas for your Mothers Day Picnic.