Today we are going to talk about fashions and fashion basics. But, first a fashion find from a local consignment shop. Sammie had heard of a consignment shop near our home town. We decided to go check it out and go thrifting for some new things. Do you have a favorite shop by you? We were mainly looking to update a few things for Sammie as the season is starting to change. Do you enjoy thrifting? Or searching for great deals on fashions?
If you live on the Central coast of CA. the shop we went to is called Admire. It’s on the edge of a town south west about 20 minutes or so in the town of Atascadero. It was good to catch up chatting during our drive there and back.
There were a few things placed outside on a sales rack and a store packed full clothing inside to pick from. Do you have a favorite consignment shop in your town?
The fashion / consignment store was organized, sized and neatly hung. Which made it easy to browse. Shoes and boots, hats and accessories about the store that were also organized. There was quite a few designer pieces here and there for sale. Along with lots of jeans of various sizes 14 and under.
Sammie found this cute dress that on the hanger looked quite plain. But, when she tried it on it was adorable. You could see all the detailing. A cute neckline, 3/4 sleeves and the perfect waistline plus belt. I loved the vintage/ retro vibe of the dress.
She paired the dress with a pair of black boots. Sammie loves to pair things up in off beat ways. She has her own style. Next week I will share a few other of her finds.
Merino Wool Trapeze Pullover
10 Fashion basics everyone woman should have for the spring/summer:
- A dress for attending day time events we like the Hayley dress from JCrew or
- Kimono for pool time or breezy days
- Jeans Boyfriend Jean Old Navy
- Pants Mid Rise Harper Trousers
- Dress shirt like this Top Shop Arrow Print Button Down
- Another classic style we love is this Vince Camuto Keyhole Blouse
- Poly / Rayon/Cotton Soft V Neck Tee Shirt Free People which comes in Almond, Autumn, Black, Elderberry, Grey, Icy Blue, Red Blossom
- Shorts like a pair of Chino Shorts
- Front Zip Rash Guard JCrew for the beach. It has UPF 50 sun protection-think of it as sunscreen for your clothes-which is recognized by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV protectant. But, you still should wear sunscreen.
- A thrift or consignment find
Scroll through these to see what is catching our eye this spring.
What spring fashions are catching your eye this season?