Are you ready to make an Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe? Or are you looking for a way to elevate your egg salad sandwiches? We adapted our favorite classic egg salad recipe by adding cucumbers… to the recipe. Don’t knock it until you try it! They are seriously good! But, if this isn’t the recipe you’d like to try, be sure to check out our other easy recipes. Or just omit the cucumbers and follow the rest of the recipe and it’s variations. I promise it’s easy to make, plus it turns out tasty to eat.
Egg Salad Sandwich
This post has been updated, as the original post was created years ago and needed a refresh. I have added related content and helpful resources for the recipe. We hope you enjoy making egg salad soon.
How to use up all those hard-boiled eggs? Here are our favorite recipes with hard-boiled eggs. These make tasty appetizers too.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs Give them something unexpected this recipe is easy, you can make it ahead of time and is perfect for anyone who loves guacamole!
Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 sticks of celery
- 1 cucumber
- Dijon Mustard
- See the recipe notes for variations
I think if you try either with or without cucumbers your going to love it. Especially if you like egg salad.
How to make Egg Salad
- First hard boil your eggs (see recipe notes if you don’t know how). It only takes about 12 minutes. While you are waiting for the eggs to finish cooking and cooling chop up three celery stocks, one half of a cucumber *optional (peeled) and a little basil ( about 1/4 cup). When eggs are done rinse with cold water, peel off the shells, and rinse the hard-boiled egg off. Next, chop them tossing them into a bowl.
- Then add in your dijon mustard, a bit of mayo, 1 tsp. of paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix together in the bowl. I chilled mine for a bit prior to making the sandwiches but, you can use it right then or chill it.
- NOTE: Start with less of the Dijon mustard and mayonnaise it’s easier to add more to get the consistency you like.
- Use about 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard and 1 tbsp. mayo or less to start. Usually, I add little by little and stir it in to get the consistency we like for egg salad sandwiches. (Adding too much, in the beginning, can make it a soggy mixture).
- Add the egg salad mix to your favorite bread such as wheat bread, potato bread, light rye bread or even white bread.
- To finish your sandwiches add lettuce and tomatoes if you like.
- In our house, they prefer egg salad sandwiches with just lettuce added.
Make sure your lettuce is thoroughly washed and dried. Then slice romaine lettuce to fit into your sandwich. You can use any type of lettuce you prefer, red leaf, head lettuce or even mixed salad greens or even use sprouts. Add tomato if you like. Be like Frank Sinatra and do it your way! Then enjoy your egg salad sandwich.
We enjoy cucumber egg salad sandwiches for lunch or a light dinner with a tossed green salad during late summer heatwaves! This would be perfect with your favorite soup in the colder months! I hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal!
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Healthy Lunch Ideas Pinterest
Looking for more breakfast, brunch or lunch ideas?
Try these egg recipes
- Huevos Rancheros Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Cheese and Mushroom Quiche
- Asparagus Quiche
- Mushroom Feta Quiche