Do you enjoy hosting brunches? I am already thinking ahead for my next brunch recipes menu. I’m sharing our Cheese Mushroom Quiche. Whether you are planning a party or not quiche is an easy eggs recipe that you can make ahead of time. Pair them with salads, or other vegetables. Add a little sparkling drink with fruit……. Or just eat delicious quiche any ole time you want to.
Like my previous quiche recipes the quiche can be made for a Mother’s Day brunch recipes, for a Sunday brunch recipe, or for an easy dinner idea. Honesty, there doesn’t have to be a reason to make quiche.
Cheese and Mushroom Quiche
There is no meat in this quiche, making this a vegetarian quiche. This is a veggie filled, cheese mushroom quiche recipe. The quiche recipe can be adapted with your favorite vegetables. This is an easy, flavorful quiche that tastes great by itself, or add sides such as salsa, and sour cream. For a Cinco de Mayo brunch recipe. For my next cheese quiche, I think I want to try a more Mexican inspired quiche a cheese quiche green chiles.
- All ingredient amounts, and instructions are in the printable quiche recipe below.
Ingredients for quiche
- Red, and green bell peppers
- quarter cup of sliced green onion
- cremini mushrooms 1 package (8 ounces)
Before you start on your quiche, make a homemade pastry crust for quiche or purchase store bought pie crusts, or pie dough for your quiche crust.
Do you have a favorite pie crust recipe? Let’s get cooking, and baking this easy double cheese quiche.
How to Make a Cheese Mushroom Quiche
Step 1 Wash, chop, and saute your veggies. Let the veggies cool.
Step 2 Shred your cheese, and set to the side. Lots of yummy cheddar cheese, or a mix of your favorite cheeses.
Step 3 Crack your eggs into a bowl, add in half and half mix with a whisk
Step 4 Add your cooled sauteed veggies, and mix together.
Step 6 Add your cheese to the top of your quiche, until it’s fully covered.
Cheese Mushroom Quiche is now ready to be baked.
Step 7 Bake in the oven until center is set up, and cooked.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until your quiche doesn’t jiggle in the middle, and the pie crust is browned.
Let your quiche cool slightly, before slicing. Or serve after it’s cooled.
Printable Cheese Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- Red, and green bell peppers (half of each)
- 1 cup baby spinach (wash and chopped)
- half an onion (peeled, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (sliced thinly)
- cremini mushrooms 1 package (8 ounces) (wash, and slice)
- 8-12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup half n half or milk
- 5 eggs
- olive oil
- red pepper flake - Pinch (optional)
- salt - dash
- pepper - 1/4 tsp.
- pie crusts (homemade or store bought - see notes)
- Parmesan cheese (for top, sprinkle lightly over enter top)
- Before you start on your quiche, make a homemade pastry crust for quiche or purchase store bought pie crusts, or pie dough.
- Favorite homemade pie crust recipe- cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/448-all-butter-pie-crust
- Store bought, we like Marie Callender®
- How to Make Cheese Quiche
- Step 1 Wash, chop, and saute your veggies. Let the veggies cool.
- Step 2 Shred your cheese, and set to the side.
- Step 3 Crack your eggs into a bowl, add in half and half mix with a wisk
- Step 4 Add your cooled sauteed veggies, and mix together.
- Step 5 Pour into an unbaked pie crust; ( purchased or pre-made)
- Step 6 Bake in the oven until center is set up, and cooked.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until your quiche doesn’t jiggle in the middle, and the pie crust is browned.
- If you don't want your cheese top to be as dark lightly cover with foil towards the end. Alternately you can mix your cheese into the batter so it's not all on the top. Enjoy!
- Double recipe for 2
- Other cheeses you can use for this recipe are; Swiss cheese, or feta cheese, fontina cheese. Or a mix of two cheeses.
Looking for Quiche recipes, and egg recipes?
See our other recipes below. We have made these quiche recipes for baby showers, Easter, Mother’s Day, and other brunches.
New here? Be sure to subscribe to get all our posts, bonus great a free printable recipe binder, and meal planners.
Pin Recipe for Later.
Are you planning a Mother’s Day brunch this year?
Try our other quiche, and egg recipes
- Huevos Racheros Breakfast Sandwich
- Mushroom Quiche
- Broccoli Mushroom Quiche + Entertaining Tips
- Easy Breakfast Enchiladas
- Don’t forget to check our recipe index, and Mother’s Day ideas for more brunch recipes.
Tools for cooking quiche, and eggs