Nothing beats good homemade guacamole. Perfect for dipping your tortilla chips into or topping your tacos with. I am sharing our easy guacamole recipe.
One of our go-to appetizer recipes is guacamole all year round! And if you haven’t tried making it at home you are missing out. Because this recipe for homemade guac is so easy and freshly made is the best.
The post content may contain affiliate links. By clicking on these links and then purchasing something through them we earn a small commission, at no added cost to you.
Easy Guacamole Recipe
This is a simple recipe and so delicious! Freshly made and the best guacamole.
Ingredients for Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp. of finely minced white onion
- 1 large lime
- Tabasco sauce (our favorite) or like this (Tabasco Sauce)
- salt and pepper
How to make Guacamole
- Peel the avocadoes and remove the avocado pits.
- Chop them into pieces. And then add them into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork.
- Peel the garlic. And then you will crush the garlic with a garlic press. And add it into the same bowl.
- Next, add the 4 tbsp. of finely minced white onion
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze all the juice into the bowl using a juice squeezer.
- Add a dash of salt and about 1/4 tsp. of pepper to the mixture.
- Then add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce (or more).
- Mix (and mash) until creamy.
- Add to a clean serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Serve with tortilla chips or use as a topping for tacos. Additionally you can use guacamole as a side and topping for other Mexican dishes. Some of our favorite recipes are below.
Taco Recipes to make and serve with guacamole
- Chicken Tacos – Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are the perfect way to make chicken for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. Seriously easy! Use our guacamole recipe or an avocado topping for the tacos!
- Ground Beef Tacos This is a 30-minute restaurant-style taco meat recipe. Nix the packets! This recipe is from scratch and so easy to make. A family favorite!
- Fish Tacos – Top these fish tacos with this recipe or try our avocado sauce with them.
The Best Guacamole Recipe
Can you add tomatoes to guacamole?
Yes! If you prefer it with tomatoes you can add them! Easy guacamole recipe with tomatoes. Or just add finely diced tomatoes to this recipe. I like using ripe tomatoes. But, it’s best if they aren’t overly seedy tomatoes. This eliminates seeding the tomatoes. Roma tomatoes are a good choice or…
How to make a guacamole recipe spicier?
Add diced jalapeno. Dried spices you can use are cumin and cayenne. Red pepper flakes. A little will go along way.
What spices can you use in guacamole?
- onion salt
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
What to serve with guacamole? (Besides Chips)
Don’t forget you can always use pita chip crackers for dipping too!
Recipes to try and top or serve with guacamole
- Easy Smothered Chicken Tacos -A Mexican-inspired recipe. The chicken is spiced and cooked in a skillet, making a great chicken tacos stove-top recipe.
- Easy Restaurant Style Nachos A restaurant-style nachos with chicken. Make these for an appetizer or dinner.
- Chicken Fajitas 30 minute meal. Serve with rice, and beans, or use it for tacos, and burritos. Easy to make, and super tasty!
- Chicken Taquitos Recipe – Easy to make and serve garnished with your favorite toppings. Includes step-by-step images for making them. Garnish this recipe with guacamole!
Are you making this recipe for guacamole now? If not, don’t forget to pin it for later! Anyone else excited for summer, backyard barbecues or just munching on chips and dip?