Are you looking for a fun and easy craft project? This DIY Bulletin Board is just that. With a few craft supplies, a printed image you can make a decorative bulletin board.
It’s been a while since I upcycled a bulletin board (link later in the post) for Sammie but, I had leftover corkboard which is what she used for this craft project. By the way is easy to buy online if you don’t have any. She has been making gifts for close friends as she is moving out of state to head to college. You can use this idea any time to make a bulletin board.
Looking for things to make? See all our craft ideas.
DIY Bulletin Board
Sammie made a homemade card to go with her bulletin board in the shape of a state and added a photograph of herself and her friend. The heart is painted and placed on the area we live in.
DIY Decorative Bulletin Board
This project makes a great teen craft, adult craft or DIY gift idea! Use the bulletin board for post it notes and reminders! You can use it for dorm room decor too. What shape would you use for your decorative bulletin board?
- Print Image Outline of a printable template or pattern and cut it out.
Tips – (She searched for simple images to print and cut. Then used the outline of the state of California and just grabbed a free image online, for personal use.) You can do this with any of our free craft templates that come with our craft projects too. See the image below. To resize it we use PicMonkey
(TIP- Pick a simple shape that will be easy to cut)
- Cork tiles | Cork roll | Bulletin Board
- Acrylic Paint (any color) + red acrylic paint for the heart
- Bulletin Board Pushpins
- A printed photograph of you and a friend (optional)
- X-Acto Knife
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
How To Make A Decorative Bulletin Board
Find and print (resize if needed – We use programs like PicMonkey) the outline of the state or shape you want to cut out.
Paint your shape or state. Let paint dry.
Paint heart. Let paint dry.
Add cute bulletin board push pins and a photograph.
Here’s a video I found that is similar to how Sammie made this. The only difference is our is a single layer (our cork may be thicker) and she painted hers. But, this video tutorial will really help you visualize the written instructions!
DIY Cork Board
- DIY Upcycled Bulletin Board this upcycled bulletin board got an overhaul plus stenciled design added to it. If you have an old bulletin board see this before tossing yours! Or take a new bulletin board and make it a decorative bulletin board!
- DIY Cork Memo Board This is another easy way to put together circle cork in design to hang for a memo board/bulletin board for notes…
- DIY Cork World Map The world map was made with a roll of cork. Perfect for pinning all those places you have traveled to. Or places you have lived…
- DIY Frame Cork Board – Another idea for using cork to make a corkboard using a frame and making it yourself.
For even more ideas search DIY bulletin board from cork on YouTube or Google!
DIY Hexagon Corkboard Wall- Dorm Room Decor
Use hexagon cork board, paint and stick them in a design on a wall for photos, notes, and jewelry!
Do you know someone going to college? Or if you are heading off to college be sure to check out these posts:
- New here? Be Sure To Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- DIY Pinterest
- Summer Craft Ideas
- Fall Craft Ideas