Can you believe it’s almost summer? Summer is that time of year when you just want to finish updating your home and your own personal style. Whether it’s with painting your home, adding splashes of color to your decor, cleaning out your spaces a bit more to be ready for entertaining. Now is the time to see what things are trending and in style. You don’t have to break the bank to freshen up your late spring – summer style to add more light, color and style into your decor. Today I just had to share what is on my late spring – summer must have wish list, along with easy DIY decorating , easy DIY improvement projects and style trends that caught my eye.
Easy DIY Decorating Tips ;
Rather than to change all your things up for late spring or summer pick a few accent pieces or essentials to add to what you already have. Just by bringing in new pops of color you can update the look of your home. Having key essentials like indoor – outdoor glassware, cloth napkins, and added touches of hanging lighting are all easy ways to make your home decor or party more festive with out breaking the bank.
Adding a new planter with plant, a new chair with a pop of color or votive candles can add interest and update a room with color and textures. Toss in a cute pillow or two and you have updated your home decor without making a huge investment.
- I am in love with this Eames Style Yellow Chair which comes in a variety of colors. 1 x High Quality Eames Style Classic DAW Dowel Dining Lounge Arm Chair – Yellow
- Of course the traditional paper lantern lights are super cute but, I was swooning over these burlap covered string light set Burlap Lantern Patio String Lights, 7 ft, 10 Warm White Bulbs, Plug In
- When I found this flower petal pillow that was pretty and made for indoor/outdoor I knew that this had the durability to stand up to the kids or pets. Peony Outdoor Lumbar Pillow – Blue – Grandin Road
- I love adding touches of lighting through using candles. These votive s come in more than the lime green. They come in a set of four colors! StealStreet SS-A-33830 Bowl Candle Holder with Colorful Votive, Set of 4 Right now at a 68% savings
- It’s always good to have a patio set of ice tea glasses which are perfect for parties, picnics and just sipping tea on the patio. CreativeWare Twist 24-Ounce Tumblers, Set of 10
- Aunt Martha’s Bright Collection Dinner Napkins, Set of 4, Fuchsia, Orange, Lime And Turquoise Cloth napkins are perfect for adding color and helping to be a bit more green.
- Of course I couldn’t help eyeing a little summer clutch but, we’ll get into the summer fashions on another day!
DIY with paint to liven up your home updating it and giving it a fresh look! Summer indoors never looked so good!
Above is a great example of using hot pink in a small area to have bold color but, not over power it’s use. Just by painting you can liven up your home. Pick specific areas to focus on and freshen up an outdated look with a little paint. If you love color and aren’t afraid to use it try take a peek at these 8 Brilliant Paint Color Trends from HGTV
In our home we picked our feature wall to have the pops of color where the fireplace is and one connecting wall. Then there is a architectural triangle jetting out of the ceiling. Rather than just give it the neutral creme coating of paint we picked a teal blue color. Although it’s a bold pop of color the tri color combo (currant, teal and cream) of our living room makes it work. Of course I can’t wait to switch it up with this years color trends. Worst case if you don’t like what you did you can repaint it. I say be bold and take chances.
Related Easy DIY Improvement Posts you may enjoy:
- Brighten Up Your Decor DIY Throw Pillows with Trims How to
- Modern Rustic Table Cloth #DIY Part 1
- Easy DIY Burlap Utensil Holders
- Looking for more decor ideas you might enjoy Better Homes and Gardens Magazine–$.50 Per Issue Plus a Free Gift!