Do you have aching feet? Try making this Lavender Foot Soak DIY from our DIY beauty recipes. Today’s beauty tips are for your feet. We often neglect caring for our feet during our busy lives. We run around the house doing chores or chasing kids. Care for our families by running errands. Add in standing for work, walking, running, or other exercises. Top that with loving being outdoors being in sandals or barefoot on the beach. We spend a lot of time on our feet! But, how often do we pamper them? Not often enough.
It’s really relaxing to take the time to pamper our feet. Give your feet a good soaking and rejuvenate how they feel. Then after your done give yourself a pedicure if you like. Start with a foot scrub, or make this foot soak recipe. Soak your feet, rinse, dry, and then give your self a home pedicure. I know these are two things that I love doing every several weeks. I think I’d do it weekly if given the chance. What about you?
Lavender Foot Soak
I have included a few recipes to make for soaking your feet and for foot scrubs. You can adapt these recipes for making soaks and scrubs by varying the essential oils. You will love using any of these ideas to soak and/or scrub your feet at home!
Lavender Foot Soak DIY and Recipe
This recipe will yield 8 (1/4 cup) foot soaks
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. baking soda
- 5-6 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop blue coloring
- 2 drops red coloring (optional as you could always leave it white)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. Johnson’s baby bedtime bath
How to Make a foot soak (bath):
1. In a mixing bowl, add the Epsom salt, sea salt, and baking soda.
2. Pour 1 Tbsp. of the Johnson bedtime bath (optional) and the food coloring. Add in the lavender essential oil. Mix until well incorporated and the color is a pretty purple hue.
3. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to Use the foot soak
1. Fill a large bowl or plastic container with enough warm water to cover your ankles. (or in your foot soaker)
2. Add 1/4 cup of the lavender soak.
3. Soak your feet for 30-40 minutes.
4. Dry with a towel and massage your favorite moisturizer into your feet.
5. So relaxing!!
This is another way to make a lavender foot soak!
HOMEMADE FOOT SOAK
- Epson Salts
- Baking Soda
- Dried Lavender Flowers and Dried Calendula Flowers
- Essential Oils – Eucalyptus Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil
How to make a foot scrub
How to use a foot scrub
Make a foot scrub in a separate bowl. Add equal parts sea salt and granulated sugar, add in a little olive oil moisten. Wet feet, rub scrub with a foot brush/pumice stone onto feet. Use a foot scrub to soften heels and any rough spots on your feet. Rinse, then use foot soak.
One of my favorite products to use when I run out of scrub or don’t have time to make a foot scrub are these Pedi scrub foot buffers they come in lavender with tea tree oil and last 20 washes.
You might also enjoy these beauty tips – DIY s
- Peppermint Scrub DIY
- Lemon Scrub DIY
- Homemade Bath Balms And Scrubs 300 DIY Recipes (book review)
- DIY Beauty 25 Must-Try DIY Beauty Products
- See all our DIY Beauty Recipes