Are you ready to get crafting? We are sharing a unicorn jar DIY. Make one unicorn jar or decorate several unicorn jars with this unicorn DIY There are so many uses for them such as unicorn centerpieces. They are also perfect for the party season; from kids unicorn parties to unicorn baby showers.
Make this diy for unicorn gifts, unicorn party favors or table toppers , centerpieces and even for unicorn decor.
Girls and guys grab your jars, empty candle jars or other empty jars with lids because it is it’s time to get crafting. Now, if you don’t have an empty candle jar you could use another type of jar such as a mason jar. Follow the same directions to make a unicorn mason jar DIY.
Unicorn Jar DIY
I don’t know about you but I have been obsessed with burning candles. I have to admit it’s partly because I have dogs, and it’s been raining a lot which means wet dog hair. Can I just say that isn’t magical but, this project is. Anyway, I have been cleaning out the jars to create new craft projects with them. It’s super easy to clean out the jars. I have hacks for you that makes it so easy!
This unicorn craft can be an adult craft or teen craft.
If you like fun, magical unicorns and this unicorn craft you might like to see our other unicorn crafts like these
You can take a peek all our unicorn diys and crafts when you are done.
How to make a unicorn jar topper
Craft Supplies you need to make this unicorn project
We sourced suppliers to help you select the best items for this project and give you resources for the supplies.
- Candle Jar (with lid) Or Mason jar (with lid) – NOTES: For mason jars with ring and seal just glue them together but, don’t over glue it. The mason jars I sourced have the lids and are white so you won’t need to line it with paper.
- Unicorn Costume Horn (12 pieces at roughly 1.50 each at time of writing*subject to change) Or Unicorn Horn with ears and flowers you can deconstruct.
- Single Unicorn Horn 2 inch (may purchase multiple) *gold
- Unicorn Horn 6 inch (may purchase multiple) *various colors; rainbow colors, pastel colors
- Unicorn Sticker Eye Lashes (eyes) (sharpie words as well) OR (Felt Unicorn Eye Lashes)
- Super Glue
- Craft Flowers (craft flowers size 2.5) (craft flowers size 4.0) and at your local craft and fabric stores.
- White Craft Paper or white paper
How to remove candle wax from a candle
Empty/clean out your candle jar. Hack! Fill your candle with (warm-hot) water and let it soak for a few minutes or longer. The wax at the bottom of the candle should pop out! You can pop it into the freezer, let it freeze then use a butter knife to break up and pop out your candle wax. 3 methods for removing candle wax from a candle jar. Be sure to wash your jars out with soap and water completely, then dry before crafting your unicorn project. (Or other crafts)
When you have your clean jar with lid follow these instructions for assembling your unicorn craft.
Step by step Instructions for unicorn jars
- Take your white paper and line your candle. Trim any extra paper.
- Glue the unicorn horn onto the candle lid.
- Then glue the flowers.
- Now it’s time to stick those eyes onto your candle. You can also draw eyes onto the glass with a sharpie.
- Place the lid back onto your jar.
How to make a unicorn jar
Step 1.Take your white paper and line your candle. Trim any extra paper using scissors (or craft scissors).
Step 2. Glue the unicorn horn onto the candle lid with super glue.
Step 3. Glue the flowers to the lid of your jar using super glue. (Step 3.)
Step. 4 Lastly stick on, glue or draw your unicorn eyelashes onto the jar without the lid on. Now, add the lid back on and your done.
Your first unicorn jar is complete! Repeat the process to make more.
- Use your jars as gifts or favors by filling them with wrapped candies or girly items such as unicorn lip gloss, unicorn favors…..
- Make a bunch of them for unicorn centerpieces and unicorn table toppers.
How will you use your unicorn jars?
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe and add us to your inbox.
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Spring crafts
- Mason Jar Crafts
- Unicorn DIY S