Do you love to bake? I made a pumpkin cake recently, I was inspired by a pumpkin spice cake recipe I found. We are adding it to our easy cake recipes because it ended up being so moist and tasty. I know we will be making this over and over again anytime we are craving something sweet, need a dessert to make, or having guests over.
This pumpkin cake is perfect for fall, holidays like Halloween or Thanksgiving. Think office parties, birthdays… If you work, or are busy and are looking for an easy dessert to make, this is it.
It looks so pretty when baked because you swirl the pumpkin spice right into the cake mix. You make this in one big bowl, which makes this a pumpkin dump cake. I am a huge fan of dump cakes, are you? No matter what you call it this pumpkin spice cake is yummy!
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- I did receive complimentary products to try the original recipe.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 can of Pumpkin
- 1 box of Instant Vanilla Pudding (5.4 ounces)
- 3 Large Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Pumpkin Spice
- Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds (lightly salted) optional
- 1-2 premade Vanilla Frosting (or make this homemade cream cheese frosting. You might remember it from our banana cake?)
- Pam Non-Stick Spray
Pumpkin Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350F Degrees
HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN CAKE
- Spray your baking pan with non-stick spray and set it aside until needed
- Add first 6 ingredients (cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, oil, water, and canned pumpkin into a large mixing bowl (or mixer)
- First, stir to incorporate your mixture.
- Then, mix with your hand mixer or (mixer) until blended
- Add cake batter into your prepared 13 x 9 pyrex baking pan
- Next measure out 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice and 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds. Add them to the top of the cake
- Swirl the pumpkin spice and pumpkin seeds with a knife to incorporate into the cake (note you do not need to go through to the bottom layer with your knife)
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Check the last 5-10 minutes of bake time, as ovens and altitude may vary cooking times.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Optionally, add your sprinkles after frosting the cake.
- It’s ready to serve and enjoy!
It is easy to cut when cold, or chilled. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 or 4 days, if you don’t use it all at once.
This pumpkin cake recipe was inspired and adapted from this Pumpkin Spice Cake. We hope you enjoy it as much as our family, and co-workers did.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe. Get our free bonus, printable recipe binder! Plus, never miss a post.
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Cake Recipes Pinterest
- Pumpkin Recipes Pinterest
- PUMPKIN RECIPES
Looking for more recipes to bake?
- Baking Recipes
- Cupcake Recipes
- Cookie Recipes
- Quick Bread Recipes
- (no-bake) Icebox Cake Recipes
- Easy Cake Recipes