Have you ever wanted to diy jewelry? Or learn how to make wire rings? Yay, you have come to the right post! Get ready to DIY a Wire Flower Ring. These rings are also made with nail polish. What you’ll need are only a few craft supplies, and most supplies you’ll probably have from around the house.
Not the jewelry craft you are looking for? Here’s where to find our how to’s for diy jewelry
Do you have a teen at home? My teen made this! Add this to your teen crafts to try and make. But, you don’t have to be a teen to enjoy this project. I also linked to our other diy jewelry at the end of the post, like our favorite fringe suede necklace diy. You might also like to check out our fall craft ideas or other crafts. Happy jewelry making!
DIY Wire Flower Ring
Sammie is always heading to birthday parties and loves giving her friends homemade gifts. She loves trying cool crafts to make at home, so decided to try a new jewelry project. Sammie found and used a You Tube video tutorial (shown below) to make this wired flower ring.
We washed out a play dough container, and she added pretty shredded paper (our favorite gold crinkle paper*not shown) to hold her ring for the homemade gift. Then she added it to a gift bag with a few other gifts and a card to give her friend.
We both we amazed at how pretty these wire flowers that are painted in nail polish look when they are done. She made a bunch of the flower rings and is even going to make a necklace, and a few other jewelry gifts for her friends. I hope to get a few more photos close up to add to the post. The ones below she made and already gave away as gifts.
Crafts Supplies for making jewelry
- Jewelry Wire (gold) or (silver)
- Pick your favorite nail polishes; We used colors like Nail Polish (pastel blue) Nail Polish (yellow exotic birds) Nail Polish (lilac) Nail Polish (Santa Monica Beach, peach) Nail Polish (light green) * In single color or in combinations they turn out looking pretty!
- Pencil or smooth wood dowel or jewelry mandrel
- Wire Cutter-Pliers Set
Directions for making a wire ring
- Follow the directions in this video later in this post, below
- Instead of cutting the end of the wire and gluing it to the back of the ring
- Do This: Twist wire around the ring sized loop to finish it off (glue or tuck in place)
This will give you the twisted wire finished ring.
Then you are ready to wear it or gift it!
Need more help making wire jewelry?
- There are a bunch of video tutorials for wired jewelry on Youtube like this (how to make wire flowers) and this (how to make a wire flower bracelet)
- Video tutorial credit for today’s diy below goes to #JenerationDIY
DIY Flower Wire Ring
Looking for more diy jewelry? Or homemade gift ideas?
You might like these easy jewelry tutorials
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- DIY Jewelry – Jewelry Crafts Pinterest