Do you ever feel like a little kid when you learn something new? First it’s kind of scary, then you get the courage to do it, next you give it a try. Then you fall in love and can’t stop making things. That’s how I feel about all my easy diy projects. Today’s project is so easy anyone can make this Stone Pendant Necklace. It’s so easy for adults, teens and older kids.
You might remember a while back I shared a few of my first diy jewelry projects I tried. I shared a leather fringe necklace on an antique copper chain and a super easy twisted nylon necklace. (Find the links at bottom of post ) I really have enjoyed testing the waters and making more jewelry crafts. Today I have another jewelry craft project for you!
What is great about this project is it’s so easy and would make a perfect Teacher gift, Mother’s Day gift, bridal shower gift or birthday gift. Of course you could pick from any of the easy jewelry projects I’ve tried lately as they all turned out great and would make perfect gifts for someone or make one for yourself.
Get starting making pendant necklaces!
Stone Pendant Necklace
How to make a stone pendant necklace
This is an easy diy project. A silver chain with pendant stone that is attached with lobster clasp and rings. It’s just a matter of having two tools and a ruler plus a few supplies. I’ve listed them all below along with the steps! For the twisted nylon cord pendant necklace, fringe and tassel necklaces scroll to bottom of post to view these easy DIY posts.
Supplies for making a DIY Necklace with Stone Pendant
Steps to Creating Silver Pendant Necklace
- Cut the chain to your desired length using your side cutter
- Add the lobster clasp and jump ring to each end of the necklace chain with your needle nose pliers and the lobster clasp then close the ends
- Note* If using a small hole thread chain through the holes prior to adding jump rings and lobster clasp! (this is the case with Agate stone, which does not come with an attached loop)
- Slip the desired stone or base metal pendant onto it
- Your ready to wear it or gift it!
For your reference I found a easy DIY video tutorial that shows how to add the lobster clasp and jump rings.
Tools needed for the easy crafts jewelry project
You might have a few of these tools at home already. Check first! I have listed three great very affordable crafts jewelry kit options if you need to start fresh or are just getting started with jewelry making. The tool kits are listed below. What’s great is the project on this post and the other posts listed below all use the same tools but, just a few different supplies which is outlined in each post.
- needle nose pliers
- side cutter
- Jewelry tool kits: 4 -1 Jewelry pliers or Cousin Jewelry 3 Piece Tool Kit or 7 piece tool kit in zip pouch
- I own a Craftsman set similar to this Technician Set
Easy DIY Projects you may enjoy for Jewelry Making
- Leather Fringe Necklace DIY And Easy Nylon Twisted Cord Necklace DIY
- Leather Fringe Tassel Necklace DIY
- DIY Jewelry
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- DIY Jewelry – Jewelry Crafts Pinterest
Improve your jewelry making skills. Gain skills, grow and create with this offer for online crafts and jewelry making 3 Months For $1
Or grab the best deal! 2 Months for $5, then reoccurring subscription @ 4.95/month