Do you love Christmas decor and decorating? This is the year where I want to decorate for Christmas early! If I have to shop to get my gifts early, why not make my home look festive for the holiday season early. With that said, I decided to source pretty Christmas decorations and make a guide to decorate your home for the holidays.
Grab a few tips and ideas for how to decorate your home for Christmas! If you are looking for other decorating ideas see our home decor ideas.
I’ll be sharing a few tips for updating your Christmas stash and getting new Christmas decorations and Christmas decor. I hope to be sharing a few more holiday decorating guides with you over the season.
I am thinking of decorating for Christmas by Thanksgiving this year or Thanksgiving weekend. Why? For me, because Sammie will be home from college for Thanksgiving. And I think she’d enjoy our home being festive. When do you decorate for Christmas?
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
5 Easy Christmas Decorating Tips
- Check your lights early. If they don’t work see if you can replace a bulb. Or put new Christmas Lights on your list.
- Use the pillows you have and add Christmas pillow covers to them. Pillow covers are pretty. Pillow covers take up less space than seasonal pillows. Which makes them perfect for storing them.
- Unpack your Chrismtas ornaments. Dispose of broken ones. Handle the gentle, handed down ornaments with care.
- Pick a theme or color scheme to decorate for the holdays. I few themes I have used for Christmas; blue, white and gold, red and green, pink, white and gold…You get the idea.
- Santa, Angels, Reindeer, Elves, Christmas elves, gnomes, farmhouse, glam, and other decorations make great accents and themes.
Check out this holiday storage post to be prepared for after Christmas. We have a list of awesome products that make it easy to tuck away Christmas after the holiday season. And keep your treasured decoration safe.
Holiday Decorating Guide
- Pick your favorite Christmas Pillow Covers or these Farmhouse Christmas Pillow Covers.
- Display or hang a Christmas Art Print (shown above) or pick from an assortment of larger Cozy Christmas Art Prints.
- Santa Sacks are an easy way to decorate and wrap gifts.
- An Artifical Christmas Tree is so pretty. They don’t drop needles. Artificial Christmas tress are easy to decorate and store.
- My favorite thing is decorating the mantle and piano for Christmas. It just gives it that festive feel. A pretty lit Christmas garland is a must-have. A garland makes a great backdrop for decorating!
- Personalized stockings for you and personalized dog stockings. Add that special touch.
- Hang a pretty Christmas Arrangment in a Hanging Basket like this on your wall, door or a hook.
- Metal Winter Greeting Collection with 9 sayings to pick from is perfect to welcome your guests.
Where to buy Christmas decorations?
Some of our favorite retailers for finding decorations and other things for the holiday season are
- Jane Holiday Home
- Target Christmas
- Etsy Early Holiday Sale – For handmade Christmas and holiday decorations…
- Home Depot Christmas Decorations Collections
Stay tuned for more guides and gift guides to help you with the holiday season! Ps, if you like to make your own decorations stay tuned for that too. It’s hard to believe it’s November!
- Christmas holiday tips with Christmas printables, gift trackers…
- Not ready to decorate for Christmas? Tips for Decorating for Thanksgiving.