This week we are planning for the holidays. We have started planning a while ago by gathering gift ideas, waiting to the last minute is not an option this year. With today’s lifestyle post, I have included a free printable gift tracker for you along with Christmas holiday tips!
We are planning to do most all our Christmas shopping online and tracking the purchases. Are you?
As a matter of fact, lots of my shopping is done or in the process of making handmade gifts. We are keeping things simple this year. Yes, like for many with the shelter in place it won’t be quite the same but, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a meaningful holiday season.
Subscribe to all our posts and never miss out on the tips or a Free Printable! Plus our list of gifts and discounts is coming up! It will be super helpful for your Christmas shopping. Post Black Friday Deals are out there.
Tips and ideas to help you get through the holidays.
- Have your kids, teens, grandkids, and family members make a wish list.
- View gift guides packed with Gift Ideas.
- Make a gift list.
- Know everyone’s sizes, likes, and a few things they need and want.
- Make a spending budget.
- Watch for sales online and in stores. (Just because Black Friday has passed doesn’t mean the deals are all gone! Stay tuned for our insider post with special discounts and discount codes for your holiday shopping)
- Buy gifts online and locally if you can get out. Shopping small and supporting small businesses is great when you can!
- Keep Track of gifts and purchases.
- Keep Receipts in envelopes. In case you need to make an exchange or return.
- Buy wrapping supplies and Christmas wrapping paper.
- Set up a wrapping station. Or use a wrapping paper organizer like this for all your wrapping needs.
- Wrap packages early. Nothing is worse than being over-tired on Christmas from wrapping packages all night long.
- Ship packages early. Or put packages in one place until needed.
- Swap your hiding space yearly if you have kids. No peaking!
- Consider shipping gift baskets or gifting gift baskets that you can drop off, while social distancing. Or send gift items directly to the recipient.
- Organize your home for the holidays.
- Decorate your home for the holidays. (Festive Christmas Decorating Ideas)
- Make gifts (see the DIY Christmas gift list below) for friends and family. Send them, deliver them to their doorstep…
- When you are ready to wrap up Christmas see this post; Holiday Storage – Prepare To Tuck Away Christmas. It will make things so much easier!
- When you get stressed take time for yourself! Make a cup of tea or take a walk. Enjoy the little things.
DIY Christmas Gifts
- DIY Mason Jar Pin Cushion Make pincushions or a sewing kit for someone. Using mason jars add your sewing kit inside the jar, make the pincushion for the top. Tie the scissors with a ribbon around the jar and you have a cute gift idea. I made these for Christmas gifts and everyone loved them.
- (DIY Mug Gifts) and (DIY Potpourri Mason Jar) – Both these come with free printable gift tags.
- Holiday Gift Packing – Make holiday cookies or candies… and add them to jars for gifts. Wrap a personalized ribbon for a special touch. This post has a few ideas you can make for Christmas too.
- Mini Gift Baskets Ornaments I made this DIY one year for gifts for the grandkids, and they loved them! These ornaments are great homemade gifts for the kids.
- Homemade Snow Globes This is an old post but, I hope to update it soon. We have made this Christmas mason jar craft several years in a row for gifts. This is a fun project for older kids to do with you.
Christmas Gift Tracking Printable
To make Christmas less stressful we have a few posts to help you and this list of tips for the holiday season! Plus, new printables coming just for you! I hope you enjoy the new Christmas printables, they are for your personal use only.
PRINT THE PRINTABLE Tracker Here – PDF file – Christmas Gift Tracking and Christmas Expense tracking Printable.
What is included on the printable
- A place for writing down the persons name
- A place for writing down the gift
- A place for writing down the amount spent
- A place for when the gift is wrapped
- A checkbox for when you are done or have gifted the gift
- A spot to write down your budget
- A spot to write down a total of your expenses
- Cute holiday graphics
Grab it in both PNG and PDF formats for easy printing. Don’t forget to subscribe to get all our free printables and exclusive content for subscribers. Other versions are coming for subscribers. Get access to our subscriber library (just by subscribing). Find more Christmas printables via the links below!
Find more things to make for Christmas gifts… Christmas Craft Ideas
Grab our Christmas Printables. They will help you with your Christmas planning, festivities, and fun!
- 9 page Printable Christmas Planner
- Christmas Craft Calendar
- Christmas Bucket List
- Grinch Treat Bag Toppers & DIY
Find gift tags, and all these and more! (here)
I hope you enjoyed these Christmas Holiday Tips! Plus, the Christmas printables. Wishing you a happy holiday season!