Are you ready to tuck away Christmas? Takedown your tree and store your holiday decorations… We have holiday storage tips for you. These Christmas Organization Ideas will help you tuck Christmas away and be organized for the New Year! I love the holidays but, when they are over I love putting my decorations away, having everything ready, stored properly for next years’ Christmas holiday season.
Looking for other home organization ideas? Be sure to see all our tips for home organization.
When we first got our home set up we didn’t have holiday storage. None! We used cardboard boxes, tissue paper and called it a day. A lot has changed since those days and lessons learned! If you have pretty holiday decorations, have invested in after Christmas sales, have been handed down heirloom ornaments or decorations, and want to keep your Christmas decorations for years to come you need to store your holiday items properly!
Christmas Organization Ideas
The great thing is this time of year is the perfect time to pick up your storage and prepare for the takedown! If you are asking yourself how to organize after Christmas or are looking for storage ideas I know these practical solutions will help you!
How To Store Christmas Decorations
Keep your holiday decorations safe, stored properly and ready for next year’s Christmas – holiday season.
How do you store a wreath?
- You know we are big wreath makers,(here’s where to see our Grapevine wreath ideas) having good wreath storage will keep your Christmas wreaths (or other seasonal wreaths) from being crushed, nested in by attic critters…
How to store an artificial Christmas tree?
- We have had artificial trees and enjoy using them over, and over again. Artificial Christmas Tree Storage for 6-9 foot trees. I love this tree keeper because it has wheels to help you get it out next year. But, here’s where you can find more Christmas tree storage ideas
- My favorite things are keeping all my wrapping papers in one place! Using a wrap box is great. It can hold up to 25 rolls of wrapping paper… Another solution is hanging a double-sided gift wrap organizer bag. This and all these wrapping paper organizers will help you keep your pretty wrapping papers, bows… safe until needed.
How to store breakable decorations?
- How to store Christmas ornaments? If you are looking for Christmas storage ornament ideas we think you will like this holiday ornament storage bin. You can see more ideas for storing your ornaments, including ones with side pocket storage for Christmas tree skirts or misc. decorations.
How to store x-mas lights?
- There have been years I just wound up my x-mas lights and tossed them into a plastic garbage bag or box. Not anymore with this storage box with 4 light wraps!
- A must-have for holiday storage is the storage bin. My two favorite totes are this large storage bin and this clear view latch box. This storage tote is slightly smaller but, can store a lot too. I use bins for holiday signs, candles, tree toppers, accent pieces like deer… adding them into the containers, after wrapping them. I wrap them in archival tissue paper.
(Tip- if you live in a warm/hot climate keep your wax candles in the house and store the candle holders in the bin. Nothing like a melted candle on all your stored items!)
- My mom had holiday dishes and stemware. I don’t have Christmas dishes but, have pretty stemware to store. But, if you do have Christmas dishes and stemware you will love these storage ideas for dishware, cups, and stemware.
Can you store Christmas decorations in the garage?
Yes, you can by using proper storage containers, ensuring your garage is free of rodents… and don’t forget about my tip of the candles. Another thing I do before packing away my Christmas decorations and decor is to make sure to donate unwanted items if I picked up new Christmas decorations over the season. Toss any broken, chipped holiday decorations. Test the lights before wrapping and boxing, either replace bulbs if needed and if the lights do not work toss them. I hope this helps you to be organized with your holiday decorations.