Are you ready to make and bake Carrot Cake Cupcakes? We sure were, we adapted a recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes. If you have never made carrot cupcakes before they are so easy to make especially, with this recipe.
Spring and Easter are the perfect time to make this easy dessert and any of our other cupcake recipes. Who doesn’t love a good, moist carrot cake cupcake?
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Although we think of spring as the time to whip up these cupcakes, honestly you can make them anytime of year. Especially by using shredded baby carrots. Why baby carrots? Because they are a bit sweeter. Bonus you can buy them in big bags, ready to use.
If you are looking for a carrot cupcake with pineapple you might like this Carrot Cupcakes Recipe.
How to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- vegetable oil
- light or golden brown sugar
- sugar (granulated)
- organic baby carrots
- organic applesauce
- pure vanilla extract
- baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
- all purpose flour
- (optional) pecans
How to Frost Cupcakes
Frosting or Icing supplies
- You can serve the carrot cupcakes with no frosting for snacks. (a little healthier)
- Make butter cream vanilla frosting
- Make cream cheese frosting
- Make an icing (is a glaze that is generally on cakes and pastries)
- Purchase a vanilla frosting (making it quick and easy) Wink, wink.
I like options. Do you? On the day I made them I used a store bought frosting. Hey, no judging. Busy moms, you know what I mean. Decorate your cupcakes with the frosting, and top with with cupcake toppers if you wish.
- I love using my Wilton Decorator Pro for adding frosting to my cupcakes and cakes. Perfect results with little practice for decorating them. Instructions right on the box. Win! But, you can see this pin for how to frost cupcakes if you need more instruction.
They have a stainless steel version of it too, Wilton Decorator Pro Stainless Steel. I didn’t know about this one until I already had purchased my other one. I might give this to Sammie when she heads off to live on her own and upgrade at a later time. But, thought you might like choices if investing in decorating supplies for baking cupcakes and cakes.
Recommended kitchen tools for this recipe
- Get out your mixing bowl set
- Mixers if you have one (hand) (stand mixer) or Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Cupcake baking pans
- Cupcake liners
- Food processor
Instructions for how to make the carrot cupcakes
Mix the cupcake batter by following the instructions below
Full instructions and steps in the recipe card below
First mix together
- Mix all your wet ingredients
- Add the shredded carrots
- Add your chopped nuts
- Mix well.
Then add flour mixture
Slowly add flour mixture; by adding a small portion at a time, then mixing and repeating the process until the entire mixture is incorporated together with wet ingredients.
Pre heat oven temperature is 350 degrees F.
When fully mixed scoop batter into pre lined or prepared cupcake pans
Bake the cupcakes when the pan is filled with the cupcake batter 3/4 filled in the liner. About 2 scoops.
Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until your cupcakes come clean after inserting a toothpick to test them.
Have you subscribed to our new You Tube Channel?
- See the Carrot Cupcake Video, subscribe and see all our videos.