Every holiday we have our favorite recipes for desserts or treats and this 4th of July will be no exception. There will be plenty of parades, backyard parties and rushing out to see fireworks. For us this means traveling if we want to see them. With our state being in a severe drought fireworks are banned this year but, nearby communities on the coast will be having them. That means making up a picnic dinner, treats included and heading out to see the festivities.
Our closest beach that has them scheduled is Cayucos off the Hwy 1. Today I’m sharing an easy treat to serve that the kids will love along with adults for snacking. The best part is this is something you could just put into a reusable container making snacking easy on the go. But, if you stay in town this is one festive looking treat that is super easy to make. Here’s our Patriotic Snack Mix Dessert Treat.
July 4th Treats
Easy Patriotic Snack Mix Dessert
Easy Patriotic Snack Mix
- Rice Chex Cereal 2/3 cup
- Wheat Chex Cereal 2/3 cup
- Chex Mix Muddy Buddies 6 oz bag
- Bagel Chips 1/2 cup
- Pretzel Sticks 3/4 cup
- Red and blue M&M's 2/3 cup
- Red and blue chocolate-covered almonds 1/3 cup
- Brach's Red White and Blue candy corn 2/3 cup
- Optional: Red Wilton baking chips 1/2 cup
1. Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss to mix well.
2. Pour into desired serving bowl and enjoy!
3. Optional: Melt 1/2 cup red Wilton baking chips in the microwave and drizzle over the Chex mix
Put in to your favorite red, white or blue dishes to serve. Using on the go? Add into your favorite reusable container to take with you to enjoy!
If you have someone with nut allergies substitute the chocolate covered almonds, see recommended suggestions.
July 4th Treats
Recipe supplies suggestions:
- Blue and White Candy Coated Chocolate Balls
- Wilton Candy Melts
- Patriotic Custom M & M’s
- Ramekins in red, white and blue
- Red Star Baking / Snack Cups
- 10 Piece Attached Lid Containers PBA free (perfect for beach, picnics, summer with kids…)
Need some more 4th of July ideas?
Follow Theresa Huse’s board red white and blue on Pinterest.
Be sure to check out our snack boards and fun foods for the kids when your over there! And below are two of our other favorite dessert treats recipes perfect for the 4th of July or anytime! They are both easy to make and easy to pack!
Related Dessert Treat Recipes:
What 4th of July plans do you have?