We are getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July. We love making patriotic treats, and today’s treat recipe is an easy holiday snack for a Patriotic snack mix.
Every holiday we have our favorite recipes for desserts or treats. This 4th of July will be no exception. There will be plenty of parades, backyard parties, and rushing out to see fireworks. For us, this means traveling if we want to see them.
With our state being in severe drought fireworks are banned this year but, nearby communities on the coast will be having them. That means making and packing up a picnic dinner, treats included, then heading out to see the festivities. Our closest beach that has them scheduled is in Cayucos and Pismo Beach off the Hwy 1.
What’s great about this holiday Chex mix is kids and adults will love it. The best part is this is something you could just put into a reusable container making snacking easy on the go. This is one festive looking treat, with plenty of red, white, and blue for your 4th of July parties. It’s a quick, easy Patriotic snack to make in advance and take with you!
Patriotic Snack Mix
You can use this Chex mix snack recipe for any red, white, and blue themed party, birthday parties, Memorial Day picnics, and of course for the 4th of July!
Chex Mix Snack Recipe
July 4th Treats
Recipe and snack supplies
- Blue and White Candy Coated Chocolate Balls
- Wilton Candy Melts
- Patriotic Custom M & M’s
- Ramekins in red, white and blue
- Red Star Baking / Snack Cups
- 10 Piece Attached Lid Containers PBA free (perfect for beach, picnics, summer with kids…)
Need more 4th of July ideas?
Be sure to check out our snack boards and fun foods for the kids when you’re over there! And below are two of our other favorite dessert treats recipes perfect for the 4th of July or anytime! They are both easy to make and easy to pack!
Treat Recipes and no-bake Summer desserts
- Patriotic Dessert – The easiest patriotic trifle and so good! No-bake, no fuss, it’s quick and easy!
- Dark Chocolate Cheerios Peanut Butter Treat
- Cheerios Treats With Peanut Butter Use red, white, and blue M&M’s to make this for your patriotic themed parties! Cut these into bars after making. Easy!
- Icebox Cakes, Icebox Pies, and No-Bake Desserts
- Treat Recipes
What 4th of July plans do you have?