Today’s recipe is for Crockpot Italian Beef Stew, it’s one of the easy crockpot recipes I enjoy making. The prep for the recipe is quick. Then once you have it in the crockpot it’s time for you to do all your other things while the crockpot it finishes cooking it. I check on mine every so often when I’m at home, giving the beef stew a good stir. As the stew cooks, the smell in the house is amazing. It’s a flavorful dish that I like to pair with noodles or pour it over potatoes or even next to rice.
Although this is not a dump and then run recipe. You could probably skip the dredging and pre-cook part if you really were pressed for time. You know recipes are easily adapted. I really think that the dredging and partial cooking to the beef for the stew add to the flavors by melding the garlic, onions, peppers and floured meat together.
You could even finish cooking this on the stovetop but, it would definitely need lots of stirring. You’d need to make sure it doesn’t run out of the liquid and use a lid. With all this said, let me share how easy it is to cook this slow cooker beef stew recipe. But, if you rather cook beef stew on the stovetop try this Italian Beef Stew Stovetop Recipe.
Crockpot Italian Style Beef Stew
How to make beef stew in the crockpot
First Steps For making beef stew
- Using a Chef’s knife prepare veggies per recipe directions, set to the side.
- Then add the beef, flour, salt, and pepper to the gallon-size plastic bag. Shake until meat is fully coated.
- Heat olive oil in the pan and add meat to a large non-stick skillet.
How to braise beef for stew
This process and these steps the same whether you make the beef stew on the stovetop, crockpot or slow cooker.
- Cook meat on medium/low heat. Add the garlic and onions.
- Next, cook in oil by turning with a spoon as not to scorch. Add a little more oil if needed.
- Add peppers cook 5 minutes on low.
- Add beef broth. Mix together, let cook 5 minutes and pour carefully into the crockpot.
- Add tomato sauce into the slow cooker.
- Fill emptied tomato sauce can half full of Maderia wine add to the sauce. About Madeira Wines
- Add half a bag of mini carrots.
Steps for making Italian beef stew in the slow cooker (or crockpot)
Cook on high in the slow cooker for about 4 hours. Until meat is tender, and the internal temperature is met 160 F.
Serve with noodles or a side of potatoes or even rice. Printable Recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Stew below.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew
Italian Beef Stew Recipe
- New here? Don’t forget to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Soups and Stews Pinterest
- Crockpot Recipes Pinterest
- Recipe Index