I decided to make a zipper pouch to hold all my new pens & today I thought I would share how you can make your own. This will be a pretty short tutorial there are lots of really good ones on the web. As a matter of fact I did a round up to share with you of some of my favorites in another post soon! Not only did I decide to make the zipper pouch I decided to use my permanent markers to make my own fabric. This is an easy process & I will share that too!
Whose ready to get their craft on today?
It’s easier than you think!
Grab some pre-washed muslin fabric (I cut 4 pieces approximately 13 x 22″ each) preferably pressed & your permanent markers. Then create your design. Don’t worry about being perfect, if you get bleed lines incorporate it into the design. Use a light hand by not pressing hard onto the fabric which will help keep it from bleeding. Once done press with a iron to heat set. Protect your iron by covering fabric with waxed paper. Your done!
Now for the sake of easy viewing I added these 6 steps into a collage (click to see full size)
- zipper size 9-13″ will do
- 1. Lay right side fabric face down, place lining on top then iron back a seam (do this twice) Now with right side fabric faced down on table pin (or hand baste) your zipper to each side in place. (zipper pull facing down to table)
- 2.When you flip it over it should look like this image. Then sew your zipper into place.
- 3.Pull open zipper slightly, fold fabric in half right sides together, pin & sew around all sides meeting zipper area that is already sewn. (this is why you need zipper slightly open) Now turn it inside out. Check sewing, clip edges & corners.
- 4.To create a boxed bottom fold corner as shown & pin
- 5.Check placement to make sure seams match
- 6.Then sew a straight line across ( you can trim or tack extra fabric on the inside)
- If you need to wash it use cold water, wash separately on gentle or hand wash (you may use warm water but, bleeding may occur).
- Now toss in your pens, grab your paper & go have fun!
- Oh, and if you’d like some other projects & to win a set of your own pens come enter for your chance right here!
- Now I also made a post with several tutorials in case you need how to see to add in a zipper how to
Hope you are able to make one of your own zippered pencil- pen pouch & create your own fun fabric designs. If you use this tutorial be sure to share what you made with me at my weekly party, via comments & a link or by emailing me. I’d love to see it!
- There is still time to enter a giveaway for a set of the pens on this
giveaway postSorry this has ended & winner notified.
Have you made a zipper pouch or created your own fabric designs?