I decided to make a zipper pouch to hold all my new pens in. Today I thought I would share how you can make your own. I hope you enjoy this tutorial you can always use fabric instead of making your own for the zipper pouch diy. And there are lots of really good tutorials on the web. As a matter of fact I did a round up to share with you of some of my favorites and it’ s posted below at the end of this post! Not only did I decide to make the zipper pouch I decided to use my permanent markers to make my own fabric. This is an easy process and I will share that too!
Whose ready to get their craft on today?
It’s easier than you think!
How to make your own printed fabric with permanent Markers;
Grab some pre-washed muslin fabric (I cut 4 pieces approximately 13 x 22″ each) preferably pressed & your permanent markers. Then create your design. Don’t worry about being perfect, if you get bleed lines incorporate it into the design. Use a light hand by not pressing hard onto the fabric which will help keep it from bleeding. Once done press with a iron to heat set. Protect your iron by covering fabric with waxed paper. Your done!”
How to make and assemble the zipper pouch;
Now for the sake of easy viewing I added these 6 steps into a collage (click to see full size)
- zipper size 9-13″ will be perfect
- 1. Lay right side fabric face down, place lining on top then iron back a seam (do this twice) Now with right side fabric faced down on table pin (or hand baste) your zipper to each side in place. (zipper pull facing down to table)
- 2.When you flip it over it should look like this image. Then sew your zipper into place.
- 3.Pull open zipper slightly, fold fabric in half right sides together, pin and sew around all sides meeting zipper area that is already sewn. (this is why you need zipper slightly open) Now turn it inside out. Check sewing, clip edges and corners.
- 4.To create a boxed bottom fold corner as shown and pin
- 5.Check placement to make sure seams match
- 6.Then sew a straight line across ( you can trim or tack extra fabric on the inside)
- If you need to wash it use cold water, wash separately on gentle or hand wash (you may use warm water but, bleeding may occur).
- Now toss in your pens, grab your paper, go have fun!
- Oh, and if you’d like some other projects and to
win a set of your own penscome enter for your chance right here! Sorry the giveaway is over but, you can still see the post!
- In case you need how to see to add in a zipper how to
Hope you are able to make one of your own zippered pencil- pen pouch and create your own fun fabric designs. If you use this tutorial be sure to share what you made with me at my weekly party, via comments or by a link or by emailing me. I’d love to see it!
Related Zipper Pouch And DIY posts you may enjoy:
- 10 Zipper and Non Zipper Pouches DIY s and Tutorials
- Wide Mouth Zipper Pouch
- Easy DIY Improvement Projects
Have you made a zipper pouch or created your own fabric designs?
Classes you can take for improving your sewing that are online:
- All-you-can sew video workshops on creativebug.com 3 subscription models: 1 month, 3 month, & 6 months!
- Sewing Studio
- Sew Sturdy Travel Organizers
What was the last thing you sewed? Follow me on Facebook and twitter and let me know! P.S. Be sure to subscribe while your here so you won’t miss another tutorial or diy!