Dear Creatives, I have a easy crafting tutorial for you which is perfect for baby shower gifts! & who doesn’t love babies? Cute little bundles of joy. I created a super easy gift that you can make & give that can be hung on the door of baby’s room or on the wall on the nursery. There are so many variations to this that you can do with embellishments & various materials. I created a quick & easy diy tutorial in case you’d like to make one.
Feel free to pin or share an image but, don’t use whole post & please link back to post on site.
- embroidery hoop any size
- spray paint
- glue gun & glue sticks
- cardboard or poster board
- scrapbook paper
- cotton lace
- ribbon *I used velvet & satin
- scissors large & small
Although this shows cotton lace on sides it was glued to the back & naturally folded over. Just make sure you use clear drying glue how ever you put it onto your hoop!
- How to:
- Cut out cardboard to just inside the outer edge of hoop in a circle
- Cut out scrapbook paper same size (2x) doesn’t have to be the same paper 1 for front, 1 for back *use card stock quality
- Spray paint embroidery hoop & let dry ( tips: spray lightly let dry, flip & repeat, spray inside )
- Take dried embroidery hoop & glue on lace around edges
- Hot glue scrapbook paper onto cardboard
- Hot glue hoop all the way around & place onto scrapbook paper already on cardboard (so you see patterned paper side! ) Prior to gluing , test placement without glue first! Because if you are using a glue gun no second chances on moving or adjusting it ! ( you can always use another type of glue like Yes)
- Trim edges as needed
- Glue scrapbook paper backing to finish clean look
- Add ribbon to hoop tightener for hanging
- Wrap & give to someone for a baby gift or make one for yourself
click to enlarge
The scrapbook papers I used were from DCWB Baby Girl Stack 12×12. If you know if its for a boy or girl or theme of a room pick scrapbook papers, ribbons & embellishment accordingly. I just may make a little cloth mushroom to go with these & will make a coordinating card for giving the mom to be. I may embellish the outer edges with a cute butterfly or something I pick up next time I visit the craft shop. Later I will share a few spins on the idea. If you end up making one come link it up or leave link in comments section. I’d love to see it. I am sure to share more baby gifts as my second youngest daughter is due in May! They are waiting to find out if its a boy or girl “sigh” That means I just have to make more pretty things. If you are new here why don’t you subscribe I’d love to have you follow along.
Do you know someone having a baby?
Other projects & tutorials : projects/freebies page
Classes you might enjoy: