What is not to love about spring?! Nature is bounding with joy! Birds returning to the area creating songs of bliss. Flowers popping up from a winter’s planting. Rosebuds blooming ever so gently unfolding as each day goes on. Yes, springs weather can be a little flighty but, it’s warming up. We are lacing up our shoes and getting outdoors again! Longer days that are sometimes fuller than the holidays with all the activities we try to balance into them. Today I am sharing all that things that make me fall in love with spring over and over each year, along with a new favorite Spring coffee.
My top 10 favorites’ spring love
- Enjoying the longer days for taking walks with my dog (& Sammie of course)
- Grabbing my camera to head outdoors after a rain to take photographs of nature
- Taking my sketchbook to the park to draw and write in while Sammie swings
- Flying a kite on a windy afternoon
- Heading to the beach on a short school day or for a full day on the weekend
- Opening up the blinds and letting the full sunshine right through the windows (except for seeing the sills that need cleaning)
- Knowing that I can hit the open road for day trips & weekend trips now that the weather is nice again
- Going to the library with Sammie to get new books to read outside on the hammock
- Having family gatherings where we enjoy the backyard and barbecue
- Finding a new blend of coffee perfect for Spring!
Speaking of spring and coffee have you tried the new Starbucks® Spring Blend? You know how much I love coffee, honestly, I can’t start the day without it and sometimes enjoy a pick me up in the afternoon of my favorite blend. When I am home alone I don’t brew a full pot. I reserve that for when I share a pot with the Mr. or have my friends or family over.
It’s just me and my French Press with a kitchen full of ideas and never enough time! I am a consummate multi-tasker. In the spring you’ll find me going for walks in the morning and finding the perfect flowers to bring home and take photographs of. As I get back indoors I love to boil the kettle of water for a fresh French pressed coffee.
- Go here for our other post, how to make good coffee. We cover the four fundamentals and tips for how to brew a good cup of coffee at home. Plus, how to use the pour-over method.
- Thanks to Starbucks® for the Spring coffee blend samples to review. All opinions are 100% my own.
It is so easy to make coffee in the French Press. I just grabbed my bag of Spring pre-ground coffee.
How To Make Coffee In a French Press
Measure ( 3 tablespoons of coffee for every 1 cup of water *source)and pour the grounds into the bottom of the French press.
Then added the hot water to just below the top of the metal casing.
Next, you just close the press but, don’t plunge until it has been about 3-4 minutes.
Then push down your plunger.
Turn to spout opening, and pour the freshly brewed coffee into your cup.
If you have never used a french press you should try it sometime. You will get the most flavor from your grounds. Note: Grounds need to be a bit coarser. I found the pre-ground Spring worked well for my little one cup press. No matter how you enjoy your coffee you will enjoy the flavors of Spring.
Starbucks® Spring blend is a lively, well-balanced coffee. Latin American and East African coffee beans give it juicy notes and a medium body. This coffee pairs well with buttery shortbread and early harvest berries. A perfect complement to any spring gathering you may have.
You might enjoy my Strawberry Pound Cake recipe or any of my favorite Cookies Recipes to go with Starbucks Spring Blend. They would make the perfect pairing and are easily made for your spring treats. Why don’t you give the Spring blend a try with your springtime gatherings and if you do I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
What do you love about spring?
- Are you new here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- See the latest coffee posts and coffee news.