Death Wish Coffee Review – Are you looking for a good cup of strong coffee to drink? Or one with a high caffeine content? Or a gift idea for the coffee lover?… Well, buckle up and get on this coffee lovers train. I’m sharing my review of Death Wish Coffee – The coffee I am reviewing is their Ground Espresso.
I received this coffee for free and I am sharing my honest opinion of my coffee-tasting experience. Keep reading if you are ready to rise and shine!
Death Wish Coffee Review
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
This was perfect timing for me, as I drink coffee daily and run out of coffee often! Typically I enjoy my cup of joe with cream. How do you drink yours?
Did you know that Espresso Roast isn’t just for espresso machines?! You can brew espresso roast in your coffee makers, french press, and pour over coffee makers... It is also good for making desserts like tiramisu, tiramisu affogato, and espresso brownies…
How To Do A Coffee Tasting
The best way to do a coffee tasting is to brew the coffee fresh, with hot water, and taste the coffee black. If you use cream add it after tasting the coffee. To get the most flavors extracted from the coffee use a french press (this gives you all the coffee bean oils, and flavors without extracting them)or the pour-over method. And using coffee beans freshly ground over pre-ground coffee is the best. But, if you have pre-gound coffee use the same methods for the coffee tasting.
Then after tasting pair it with food to enhance the palette while tasting the coffee. See espresso pairings below.
Facts About Death Wish Coffee
- This Espresso roast is a blend of coffee beans that are blended with Fair Trade Sumatran, Peruvian arabica, and Indian Cherry robusta.
- This is a Dark Roast Coffee.
- Pre-Ground Coffee is a medium grind of coffee. This grind is made for automatic coffee makers. (It works well for pour-over coffee too based on my experience).
- I have previous experience working and managing a coffee shop. I know from experience if you want to brew espresso in your espresso machines get the whole beans and grind it yourself on a finer grind!
- The Coffee beans are nut and gluten-free.
- They are certified organic and purchase their beans using fair trade practices! They source only high-quality Fair Trade Certified robusta and arabica beans and organic ingredients.
How Much Caffeine is in Death Wish Coffee?
600 mg. of caffeine per cup of coffee! Compare this to the typical 100-200 mg. found in black coffee. This means you probably need half the amount you typically drink if you are an avid coffee drinker. And drink multiple cups of coffee a day. Get more bang for your buck.
My Thoughts On How This Coffee Tasted
- I truly loved the taste of this espresso! Did you know caffeine can help knock out migraines? I get migraines, and sometimes it’s the caffeine that can kick a headache or migraine. That’s a double win for me!
- Call it a triple win with the smooth taste of this espresso that has notes of cocoa, caramelized sugar, and cherries. I honestly, didn’t expect to like the espresso black. But, I did!
- I only drank 1 cup for the tasting with that said, it perked me up to do all the things (with no jittery side effects).
What foods to pair with espresso coffee?
I love coffee pairing. This can really enhance the taste of coffee on your palette. My favorite things to eat when having espresso coffee are
- Banana Bread or other bread with or without fruits.
- Chocolate, especially dark chocolate.
- Foods with spices such as cardamom, cinnamon…
- Baked goods with cinnamon such as Cinnamon rolls…
- Dairy products such as milk, cream, and ice cream…
Just give it a try and see what pairs well with your freshly brewed coffee or espresso. Now, go grab your bag of ground coffee or coffee beans using the discount below! I’m sold, this espresso is a winner in my book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Where Can You Find Death Wish Coffee?
Death Wish Coffee Discount
You can find their coffee beans and ground coffee directly from their site. Go here To Save 10% sitewide with code DWCAFF10
- Espresso Roast
- Dark Roast
- Flavored Coffees
- Coffee Variety Packs
- They even have merch and coffee storage containers…
- Use the link below to go directly to the site to explore all their coffee offerings!
Get the coffee directly from DeathWishCoffee.com and see the store locator to shop nearby. Also for coffee lovers like me, you can grab subscriptions to the coffee! Never run out!
What do I want to try next? Their Holiday Dessert Trio Ground Bundle! Honestly, these would be great gifts for any coffee lover too!
Which coffee will you try first? Or gift?