Christmas Tree Cupcakes – This is an easy, festive, and fun cupcake idea! Perfect for holiday baking! Top your favorite cupcakes with these festive cupcake toppers! See how to make Christmas Tree Cupcakes.
Use these decorated holiday cupcakes for holiday celebrations, Christmas celebrations, parties, or during the holiday season. Do this activity with the kids or grandkids or for them.
We love baking and having fun over the holidays. Do you?
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Decorate baked cupcakes with Chistmas Trees by using sugar cones, frosting and sprinkles. With a few easy steps and our vanilla cupcakes recipe (or your favorite cupcakes or box mix cupcakes) you can make these Christmas Tree Cupcake Toppers to decorate your cupcakes.
What is the best tip to use?
How To Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Pre-bake and cool Cupcakes completely.
You can use the recipe linked above for vanilla cupcakes recipe or a boxed cake mix for making the cupcakes. Here are more cupcake recipes to pick from.
- Sugar Cones
- White Frosting in a piping bag
- Green Frosting (use Wilton Icing Colors to mix the perfect shade of green you like! Or grab Kelly Green) in a piping bag
- White sprinkles
- Multi-Colored Sprinkles (Christmas Sprinkles)
- Blue and White Sprinkles (Similar to whats shown but with snow flakes! I wish I had seen them first.)
- Star Sprinkles
- Powdered Sugar (and a seive)
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
How To Decorate Sugar Cones To Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with white frosting.
- Add white sprinkles to a bowl. Then dip the frosted cupcakes into white sprinkles.
- Use the green frosting to cover the sugar cones using the star tip, leave the tip of the cone unfrosted until you place it on top of the cupcake.
Note: You can add spread a layer of green with a pastry knife or butter knife prior to adding the star tip frosting application.
- Once the cone is frosted, apply the sprinkles in desired colors.
- Place the cone on top of the cupcake and frost the tip and apply additional sprinkles.
- Next, place the star sprinkle on top.
- Dust with powdered sugar to create snow by using a sieve/fine mesh strainer.
You can vary the finished cupcakes look by using various sprinkles and powdered sugar. Carefully, place the cupcakes
on a serving plate and enjoy!
Are you looking for more Christmas cupcake ideas?
You might like our Wreath Cupcakes – It has a chocolate cupcakes recipe with vanilla buttercream frosting. Use can use the recipe for making these cupcakes or top and decorate them with wreaths, by piping the icing.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder, cooking resources, and never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Pin it for later!