DIY MUG GIFT – Are you looking for DIY Christmas gift ideas? This DIY Christmas gift is easy to make, affordable and you can make one, several, or many of these DIY hot cocoa kits for homemade gifts!
This gift in a mug/coffee cup can make the perfect DIY gift idea for a boyfriend, girlfriend, friends, or family member. These are also great as a holiday hostess gift or even a teacher’s gift. Everyone loves drinking hot chocolate in the winter. Am I right? Especially the grandkids!
DIY Hot Cocoa Mug Kit
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Are you looking for an affordable Christmas gift idea? Make cute and tasty mug gifts! DIY includes free printable gift tags.
All you need is a cute mug and a few supplies. You can fill the mug with goodies such as hot chocolate, candy canes, and gift items.
This DIY includes a printable gift tag for you to use!
DIY Mug Gift
You can make this Christmas gift by using seasonal mugs and the printable gift tag which is perfect for the holidays. Or use this same idea for a winter gift or Valentine’s day gift just by using other cups and other gift tags. Just think of all the options for this easy homemade gift!
How To Make a Mug Gift
- Find a cute mug like these; holiday mug, this set of 4 Christmas mugs, or Santa Mug, elf mug, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Mug, or a (15-ounce Santa Mug like this)… Check out these Christmas Mugs on Target.
- Instant hot chocolate packets
- Snow Caps
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini candy canes
- Small plastic bags
- Printable gift tags (Print the gift tags here: WARM WISHES GIFT TAGS)
- Fill one plastic bag with mini marshmallows. Tie the top closed with a piece of twine.
- Fill another bag with Snow Caps. Tie the top closed with a piece of twine.
- Place three packets of hot chocolate in the mug. Put the bags of marshmallows and Snow Caps in front of the hot chocolate packets.
- Add mini candy canes.
- Print out the gift tags on card stock and cut out the tags around the outer border.
- Punch a hole
- At the end of the tag and tie it to the handle of the mug with twine.
Happy Gift Making!