Are you looking for Christmas decorating ideas? Do you love being home for the holidays and enjoy home decorating? Even when we travel I decorate my home for the holidays. Do you? I love creating a different look each year with our holiday decor and Christmas decorations.
To be honest since I been traveling the last four weeks (more about that later) and I am just getting started with my holiday decorating. Even if you decorated for the holidays already you can add little touches to freshen up your holiday looks throughout the season.
- If you aren’t looking for Christmas decorations ideas you might like to see our other home decor ideas. When your done you might enjoy seeing our Christmas Craft Ideas.
Christmas Decorating Ideas
Christmas decorations and Christmas decor can be cozy and warm, or white and bright, or colorful and festive, or glitz and glam, vintage or retro….
The key is to the perfect holiday decor is finding your style. Every now and then it’s fun to create a new look for your holiday’s decor. Keeping your special items but, switching up colors, themes and looks can take your holiday decor to a new level by freshening it up. With a little planning you can have your holiday style right on trend.
While you are shopping or decorating you will love sipping on your coffee or favorite holiday beverage in these fun and festive Christmas Travel Mugs. PS they would make a great gift for someone.
Christmas Decor Ideas
- Buffalo Checks – 6 Buffalo Plaid Designs | Buffalo Check Christmas Stockings
- Merry and Bright- Christmas Table Runner | Llama Ornament | Glimmer Strings Lighting
- Glitz and Glam – Holiday Glitter Wine Glasses | White Light Up Glitter Houses (mix and match) – which happen to be buy one get one 50% off right now.
- Snowy and White – (I’m dreaming of a white Christmas) Light Up White Crystal Glass Trees | Fuzzy White Mantle Scarf
- Traditional and Timeless – 3 piece Christmas Village | Nutcrackers
- Rustic or Farmhouse – Rustic Holiday Lantern Set
Above are holiday ideas that are trending. Start with a trend, then build on the theme to create a cohesive look. Toss in the unexpected and unique holiday decor. Layer in your look.
Easy ways to decorate for Christmas
- Christmas Banners ( in three styles)
- Holiday Throw Blankets
- Special Ornaments
- Holiday Decor Accents
- Add pretty Christmas decor touches to your mantle like this Joy Lighted Sign could go on your mantle, side table or as a Christmas table centerpiece.
- Christmas Throw Pillows Cases just pop them over your pillows and zip them up and you have your seasonal pillows.
Dreaming of a white Christmas? Get a flocked Christmas tree.
I used to be anti fake tree until they became so real looking. Now, I am totally crushing on the idea again. We had a beautiful artificial tree for years but, decided it was time for a new one. Last year we purchased a live tree to plant. But, the frost killed it. I had put it outdoors when the needles started to drop, and I thought the frost was over. Epic fail!
Now I can see this beautiful artificial tree, with a beautiful Christmas tree skirt around it. Then slowly adding pretty wrapped gifts around it.
Reasons I love artificial trees. No needles, easy to set up, saves trees from being cut down, and easy to store for the next year. How do I get the pine scent in my home? Burning a pine candle or making a potpourri.
I can’t wait to share a few photos after we decorate for the holidays.
Are you starting to decorate for Christmas?